Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An unexpected start to the day me and my dad got ready and headed to antioch with the temperature at my house reading 53 degrees/on sunday. Beautiful day for ice fishing. We drove along and finally hit antioch went around catherine no guys, deep lake no guys, My dad began to feel as if the ice wasnt safe so then we went down to marie and saw alot of guys out in the white bass spot that mad me feel a little more confident the fact that the guys were fishing out deep. Then we hit the baitshop and ended up talkin to the guy in there for thirty minutes we then came out with a bucket of minows ready to walleye fish on marie. Hopped in the car and couldnt decipher as all the guys on marie had left and channell lake still had lots of guys which made me feel confident and safe then I had a good idea of hitting pistakee because the past couple years had produced for me and my dad we ventured and could not find the place the hotel(if any of you have directions please share them with me} I went down wilson road and couldnt find the lake went over fox lake and saw no one out and there was still open water under the bridge but that is current there. I then told my dad that we should head back to marie and channell we finally made it back to channell with an hour of time waisted trying to find pistakee. We finally hit chanell i was happy i got to use my new toy the aqua vue and it produced i caught big blugill one after the other. I was there for three hours between the two of us we caught 30 we kept 11 all over 7 inches and one 8 incher

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
good job on the gills, BTW, there is usually always open water under that bridge,,,, it closes up around Januard usually. be careful.... but do nto let that open water bridge scare ya away. walleyes are stacked there though ;)

Good luck and thanks for the report!!!

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Glad to see to stuck it thru and were successful. Not a bad day when you are out there slammin' the pans.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.