Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been to Heidecke but I was thinking about booking a charter there for the father's day present for my dad. Anyone know if they have charters out there and when is the best time to try for those huge stripers?

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
I think the main guide out there is Greg Heath of Fishfinder Guide Service. There has not been a pure striper caught of Heidecke in a long time, but the hybrids are still going strong.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have talked to another guide that is out there. Jay Angel [email protected] . have never used him, but he seems like a good guy. I know he does crappie and walleye, but you will have to contact him about strippers. I think he told me $200 for the day. Let me know if you use him.
LUV2FISH

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Mostly either flatline trolling or with planer boards. Also backtrolling crawler harnesses. Most of the time out there it seems to be a walleye/hybrid mix when trolling with the odd drum, catfish, yellow bass, crappie, or muskie thrown in as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.