Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a chatterbait as an impulse buy yesterday while I was at Dicks. I have read mixed reviews on this site that referred to this lure and thought I would buy one to try when the weather gets nice.

I have a question about the lure though. There is one eye hole where a regular hole would be on any jig (by the weight). I was surprised when I opened the package and saw a snap (like on a snap swivel) attached to the blade.

What the heck is that for?

Sorry if this question has already been addressed (I looked through old posts and couldn't find the answer).

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
the blade is what causes the violent rattle and the snap allows the jig to follow behind without hindering the blade to "chatter". the jig will then follow the blades pattern to produce the rattling effect.

when you first cast and retrive sean, you'll instantly feel action like you've never experienced. it really does chatter. kinda like the huge black vibrating dildo jason keeps under his bed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry jay, i couldn't resist! roflmao!

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Augy, I won't touch that one :D

One problem I had had with the chatterbaits is them breaking off after constant use. Be sure to constantly check the line for wear. I like to work them violently (kind of like Jason and the ummm......) and I have broke a few off.

...sorry J :p

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Augy said:
kinda like the huge black vibrating dildo jason keeps under his bed.
Damn! You've been peeking under my bed again. :oops:

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the snap on the blade is only used to help create the "Chatter" effect?

I bet Northerns up North will love this bait come summer!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Augy said:
kinda like the huge black vibrating dildo jason keeps under his bed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry jay, i couldn't resist! roflmao!
LOL! I'm cryin'

Chatterbaits are cool, dont forget to use a trailer, alot of peeps including myself have lost many fish on them w/o a trailer. I also like to jig it off the bottom like a jig and pig.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Islandfisher said:
So the snap on the blade is only used to help create the "Chatter" effect?

I bet Northerns up North will love this bait come summer!
Actually, the chatterbait was a huge Musky lure prior to its becoming a small version. I trolled in a lot last summer for pike with no hits at all when a spinner or bucktail was getting hits.

Matt is right about the retail version being brittle. You can modify a decent jig head to accept the blade and be much more reliable.

As for Jay's technique with his big black friend..... :shock:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I did try them last year with limited success. They do work, but they are not the magic lure that everyone is always looking for.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
toothdoc said:
but they are not the magic lure that everyone is always looking for.
No......... that would be the new swimming Senko :lol:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
So, is that what the second eye on the opposite side of the regular eye is for on those two eyed jigs? I was wondering what to use those for besides a trailer.
Hey topwater, whats your technique for a mod on the head to put the blade on?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts