Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
It definitely looks different than anything that I have ever seen before, but that doesn't mean that it catches more fish. I have to agree with Jim that it is about 2x what I would consider spending on a lure.

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Not a bad idea but way too expensive. Sure it's weedless, but any lure can still get hung up or lost. I wouldn't pay more than 6 bucks for that thing.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Will it be able to replace a texas rigged worm or senko in thick weeds ?

Not for that price it wont :)

If I pay $18 for a lure it better say Megabass or Lucky Craft on it lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
saw something like that in December's Bassmasters magazine... but if you still get hung up on some heavy weed beds the hooks will set so then it really won't be weedless. This should go along with the fish pen, pocket fisherman and instant fisherman. Don't even think the cost of hosting the site is worth it.
That's my two cent. :roll:

553 Posts
Andrew_R said:
What a tool. . . . .

I'd like to see a poolside demo of the real action and function of this thing before I'd buy.
I definitely agree. :wink: The mechanism is maybe cool, but does it work like they say? The price is way over my head for a single lure, and I don't really like the way the lure looks. :? If I had a choice I would 100% stick to a Texas Rig. :) Those are my two cents, I hope that helps Augy. :wink: :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
I like the safety portion.

But the mechanics of the hook coming out seems limited.

Extracted when the lure is compressed?

Seems a lite bite might not be enough.

Ever have a bass gulp a topwaterbait and not move?
How about a walleye mouth the jig and not give a set, but slack to the line?

Bait would be in the mouth and not activated.

Sometimes those hidden hooks need a little help.
Neat idea though.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I watch a fishing show on cable where the guy promotes the slickfish lure and on a couple of the episodes they had the maker of that lure on. It really worked well. The show is "Fishing Texas Lakes" and he used it for bass in Texas and, believe it or not, on halibut up in Alaska. They demonstrated how the lure works and it sounded like an awesome weedless lure. Definitely something to think about. :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
Definately would have to see it, and see it actually working in a poolside but also in a real application. At first glance it is far too expensive for what seems like a new twist in the Tourney Frog thing (which by the way I have never caught a fish with, but have gotten hooked into a ton of weeds!). Also, I doubt it is truly weedless. My guess is it would get tangles in some weeds (or structure/rocks/etc) and as you pull it through the hooks engage, yada yada yada. So I might buy it once if it were cheaper (<$5.00) and go from there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.