Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Those migrating salmon are genetically programmed to swim up current... so some do get past the locks and try to go as far as they can. They've also been spotted at the skokie lagoons. As for catching them??? you don't want a black moldy salmon!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mplant1 said:
Those migrating salmon are genetically programmed to swim up current... so some do get past the locks and try to go as far as they can. They've also been spotted at the skokie lagoons. As for catching them??? you don't want a black moldy salmon!
Yeah, but do they Reproduce??? Or are they stocked? I won't eat them, so how can somebody catch one? Same gear as lake Michigan? I am guessing it's kings. :)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
mangostenmaster said:
mplant1 said:
Yeah, but do they Reproduce??? Or are they stocked? I won't eat them, so how can somebody catch one? Same gear as lake Michigan? I am guessing it's kings. :)
When/ and if you catch one, check out its fins. 99.9% of the fish are stocked. Fin clippings is the indicator. Some fish are able to repoduce naturally on the other side of the lake, but in or anywhere near chicago

and you shouldnt waste time going for chicago river salmon!! LOL. Its a rare occurrance to find some in there. If you wanna go for river salmon shoot up to the pike or root rivers in SE Wisconsin next fall

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.