Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the chicago river in hopes of shaking off my skunk streak insteat I made a new streak I cought 2 bags 1 hat and lots of bad luck. I think that is the most dirty river and I dont know how fish even survive there. I dont want to say that about the whole river as I only fished a small section but it has been the worst experience thus far.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
yea, Like you it ain't pretty :shock:

But If You look at What thrives in that Gem You might change your perception.

yo moma Eva tell you don't judge a Book by it's cover ?

If you don't have anything nice to say... don't say a dam thing. ?

... Maybe not.

- Geo

:roll:

·
Registered
111 Posts
the chicago river isent really a clean river to fish in because that is where are waste gos. but they always say if theres water a fish must lurk in it you just have to be patient theres a lot of huge fish in there and you will be proud if you ever pulled one out of there things just take time

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Back before George educated us, I thought the same thing about the river. A few hundred bass and crappie later I would have to say it is a goldmine if you put in the time and learn the river like George has.

·
Registered
506 Posts
its cleaned up alot of years.I heard in 60s u could of caught bullheads with cigaret butts.

·
Registered
513 Posts
They had the Bassmasters Classic in 2000 on the Chicago River. If the fishing was that horrible I don't think they would have wasted their time. :roll: :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.