Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As one who loves to fish as often as possible, i've always got my eye on the weather and length of day. After all, the better the weather and the longer the day, the more opportunity to wet a line.

We've actually already added about 9 minutes of daylight as of today, mostly at sunset. Sunset time is 4:30pm now and increasing everyday. The average daily temps however, continue to go down. The average daily temps in Chicago are the coldest between Jan 7-23. January 24th the average temps start going up. That's only a couple of weeks away! And even though temps can vary greatly, it's nice to know there is light at the end of the seemingly endless winter months.

So keep the hopes up! And keep fishing. :D

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I hate Chicago winters. :x One week its freezing cold and the next week it feels like Spring. You can't decide if you should go ice fishing or look for some open water. :?

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Chicago also has the widest range in temps

it can get -20 in the winter and +105 in the summer

that one heck of a swing

·
Registered
47 Posts
I went fishing Christmas day around 3:30am over by 31st and Western, it was warmer before the sun came up then it just got too cold to be out. Came back home around 9:00am freezing and my legs just wanted to cramp up, granted I walked it there and back home just should have dressed up warmer. Prolly head to BPS to pick up some of the medium weight thermals they got.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.