Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tuned into a show called City Limits fishing with my favorite fisherman, Mr. Mike Iaconelli. I watched the episode where he fishes the Potomac River in washington DC, I never knew such awesome smallies could be caught just a stones throw away from the capitol building. He did one where he fished the Chicago river but I have yet to watch it. This show is awesome, especially for someone like Geo. :mrgreen: Has anyone else seen it?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
yeah the one in Chicago is a'ight. they don't catch anything for quite awhile then I think they catch a smallie by Navy Pier up against the concrete wall. Then they move into the river and get 3 or 4 largemouth each. pretty cool stuff though. that guy can get annoying with all the yelling he does IMO. But obviously hes a great fisherman. I prefer good ole Bill Dance. always laid back.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I don't watch many fishing shows but would love to host my own!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I did catch the chi River show on city limits though and it was pretty good...

I just can't sit there and watch other people catch fish for 30 minutes. They've never appealed to me, never been a big B.a.s.s follower either. But do catch shows from time to time.

- Geo

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
341 Posts
He is one of my favorite as well. The show he did here in Chicago was extremely cool :lol: . All I need is a boat, in order to fish those familiar spots. :mrgreen: Awesome!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
George W said:
I don't watch many fishing shows but would love to host my own!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I did catch the chi River show on city limits though and it was pretty good...

I just can't sit there and watch other people catch fish for 30 minutes. They've never appealed to me, never been a big B.a.s.s follower either. But do catch shows from time to time.

- Geo

:mrgreen:
Ive been on your website and saw your videos you should really think abought doing a show.

Btw i love the pumpkinseed one 8)

·
Registered
266 Posts
I seen this on comcast tv guide but had to wait another hour before it aired. I forgot and went on my way and kicked myslelf later that day. I cant wait to catch an episode. Im sick of thinking I have to drive far to bring home some fish. Bring on the perch, we have the weather!!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
bartmandude said:
That is indeed a great show. I must say, "Worlds Greatest Fishing Show" with Mark Zona is my #1. He's such a goofball even my WIFE tolerates that one.
I discovered that show a few Saturdays ago. It's been getting DVR'd ever since. LOL, he got Bill Dance to wear his hat last week, I think it was.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i usually watch it every sunday mourning with all the other fishing shows...its by far the best one though i like it a lot

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Yea, I watch it all the time, Iaconelli is awesome. The chicago smallies are my favorite! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ike makes that show very cool. He's like that in real life. I went to Bassmaster University years ago in Vernon Hills. KVD was supposed to speak. He got caught in a snow storm out east. Iaconelli made a last minute replacement. He had everyone rolling. Pissed off the CarX guys in the next room. This is a exciting fishing show that doesn't bore me to death (e.g Bill Dance)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.