Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met JW at Beck lake 8:15 this morning. We were on the water by 8:30. Fishing was a little slow at first but as the sun got warmer the bluegill got hot. The action was insane, they were hitting the surface, jumping out of the water, spinning in circles and diving into the weeds. I have not had this much fishing in a long long time. In a 4 hour feeding frenzy I boated and released at least 80 bluegill 6 to 8 inches. I even got a double on a grass hopper and a dragonfly nymph. I have a blister on my finger from stripping the line over it. This lake is too much fun. JW know his stuff when it come to tying flies that get the bite. I left at 1:30 and JW was going back out to see if he could catch one of the huge bass that were chasing the bluegill we were playing. They were coming out of the weeds in about 10 feet of water. I am talking about bucket mouths. I landed a gill that had a 3 in round gash on it's side. Beautiful day and great fishing.
Thank again to JW for getting me back into flies.
I'm hooked!
2FISH :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.