Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah, i'd say you're back in the game with a fly rod! Freaking addicting isn't it!

Getting splashy topwater action is just stupd fun! I don't care what species fish, its a thrill every time. Especially when its on every cast! Tarantulas, foam hoppers, Crappie Candy, and a new one i came up with last night, a micro-clouser style grey/white/silver bucktail minnow , 1.5 inches long- the fish slammed it the instant it hit water.

A bazillion chunky Gills, a few small bass, more SLAB Crappie.... all good fun! Noting beats sheer numbers on most days. Even got a couple Warmouth later on. Saw a small fleet of 2foot long Shad ( i think) cruizing, them things are blazing fast!! You can spot them when a bait-ball jumps out of the water , then all you see is the fishes back and bow wake. They are silver, narrow, dark back, and a narrow forked black tail. Probably run a couple pounds. So if you know what they are, let me know! I'd love to catch one, probably burn up some drag good!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.