Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Clearer water?

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  LPfishin 
#1 ·
So I took a walk around Lake Glenview last night and noticed something - the water wasn't the normal chalky/stained color it usually is. In fact, it was probably the clearest i've ever seen it (relatively speaking of course). Anyone else notice this?

#8 ·
U can see the water clarity in this pic

Maybe it has something to do with the new weedbeds forming in the Glen that were never there before,or atleast I never noticed them.
Seems like the weed growth is rampant this year :shock:

#14 ·
A couple of years ago I spoke to a CCFPD biologist about the water clarity and (then) newly formed weeds at Axehead Lake. He attributed it to zebra muscles. No boats allowed there either.

Perhaps the bucketheads, birds, or ne're-do-wells have contributed to zebra muscles being introduced to such waters.

I do know that the water source for Lake Glenview is storm drainage. I'm sure those things could have found their way into the drainage system somehow.

#19 ·
WrenchingnFishing said:
mad craw 77 said:
well if they are zebra's some one is bound to hook up with em. i have hooked up with them on numerous occasions at "deep quarry."
Same here about deep. got them on the weeds...
i was there last week and got some off weeds as well. I had no idea they could latch on to them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.