Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wed was slow,put in 9 hours ,plastics caught fish,but not and twisters or paddletails,water cold on the hot water side,not pumping much.Had to jig plastics with bobber,fish 3 ft down over 10, 12 ft,white was the color,caught biggest sheepshead ever,this thing was just plain strange,also caught a fish I never caught before,black nose crappie. Fun time.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Jaw Gesture Finger Fish Fin
Food Grey Seafood Fish Fish products
Fin Fish Seafood Fish products Marine biology

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't what the hell is ,its not in my gallery, pics for mature fishermen only.Getting to know some of the old guys down there,times are rough for them,worked all their life,wives have bad health can't afford meds,food is rough. I take a big bag of sandwiches with me,always got plenty to share, bring my own coffee,the coffee sucks at the places down there,they all use these machines, 10 minutes of touch machine instructions to get a cup of coffee .Going to fry up big batch fish today , quit giving to neighbors, they canit cook fish, I catch ,clean cook ,then take them over for dinner. Won't be long ,Braidwood open March 1st. Got to keep pounding the waters.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been picking my days,but air temp has been above freezing, got a 45 deg day coming up, that will be my full day ,next day fish to 11am,no longer,all the fish are fat,shad are everywhere, carp are jumping let your bait get to close to shore you get a green sunfish or a bass,some area's have ice,but most is open water,hot water side is were I fish,parking a little rough,roadside only,and the damm hill and sticker bushes are rough,a lot of crappie are caught, you got minnow guys and plastic guys,bait shop mile down the road,opens early 4am,ole Joe's bait,its a rough trip,cost some money, but I quit the ice thing,next week might go to Powertin the second day,the fish are firm, fry up good,I check the ads when I am down there,might come back with a dog. The second is a half day,cause I keep fish from the first day with ice packs,never use ice,would like to stay longer but fish from first day will degrade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts