Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just made it home,drove a ways before I realized I had 4 wheel drive,pulled into a rest area to look in the manual,to see how to use it ,put it in 4 wheel ,and skid control, much better was able to do 50 then,fishing slow ,except for 8 and 9 in crappie,caught 50 of them,finally found a few bigger ones,the fish are thick and humpback, shad everywhere, fished from shore with gulps,there must be 50 miles of shoreline to fish,you just donit know where to fish,you can walk,climb hills,woods,prairie, deep valleys, bays,coves,beaches, rocks,need 20 years to learn that lake,only fell once,left two poles on side of the road,went back great guy already posted them on Facebook, seen me ,said I was waiting for to come back,great people down there,little hard to understand them,life is slower there.All the fish are heavy seen a 17 in bass caught,a football,seen 16in white bass caught.Went for a long hike up this giant hill ,down a valley to small cove with tons of wood washed up on shore,you could see that their was a flood,started to pick up bobbers,20 of them,then crankbaits,got a dozen of them,went back up the hill fell,rolled back down the hill Food Wood Animal product Fish Fish products

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nice looking fish good to hear that you made it home safely I went across town today just to pick up some bird seed and had to put the truck in 4X4

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys ,just checked Clinton's weather,thursday,friday warm low wind,checked the date today,ss check is in the account next week cold, getting ready to go,if I do this right can do thursday and friday mouring ,be home before drunks are on the road,a cool thing about this lake parts do freeze,and they ice fish it,and at the same time open water fish it,Joe did not forget about the reel ,let post office traffic die down a little will send one want to go over it,I suggest the one 5000 high speed 6.33 to 1 ,has a big handle on it,made in Sweden,wonit be much money ,I got a deal on it at a garage sale, You still using sunblock down there. Matt seen two in a ditch both facing the wrong way,fools were passing me,I stuck in right lane kept my distance,been their before,American flags everywhere, Pritzker Sucks signs everywhere on front lawns, mud splattered pickups, one thing the coffee sucks everywhere I got one,they just canit make good coffee.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Mike send the reel when you are ready , no hurry. The 5000 sounds good. If you need my address send me a text.

Moved south and found that the food sucks here. So many options in Chicago. Here it’s all big box type restaurants. No mom and pop or hot dog stands. I did find a good burger here though. Believe it or not it’s from a local gas station. They cook it fresh on a grill in the back.

~JOE~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts