Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left early got up their 5am thursday, wanted to try a new area that is the hot water area.There is some bridges that you park on the side of the road in the town of Dewitt,population 200,found it, a bar couple of houses and bulidings,went around this bend and hit a fog bank ,not fog but a wall of fog.I could see two feet in front of my headlights,drove slow then seen two cars on the side of the road,kept driving over a bridge then a another bridge, seen a side road with two cars parked so I parked.I got my gear and started walking down the road,I could not see any water,then I heard some voices. I started walking down this hill,hit some mud ,down I went,heard a voice ask if I was alright,and to step on the rocks not the mud,I was at the water All I could do is cast into the fog,and jig my gulp minnow.I brought all kid of plastics,a lot of jdm stuff,when it got day light could see 5-6 guys catching fish I canit catch crap jigging my baits,I looked at the other guys,they would cast ,wait 5-6 seconds,real in slow.The big secret bait ,white or green twister tails,I had them in the truck, back up the hill,down the road again.I did alright,but not like the locals they got that retrieve down.That striper hit right at shore,on my 5ft rod with 2 pound test .I saw a hundred crappie caught by these guys on shore,everbody was getting them,further down shore their was a lot of splashing, went down there ,4 guys with catfish setups cast way out there, they were the striper guys,and they were getting them,many over 20in ,could not see their bait,called it a day,went there for a hour this mouring,want to look were the striper guys were fishing,looking for evendence, fresh shrimp, the heads were everywhere, ,next trip shrimp, lot of fun. Food Grey Fish Vegetable Staple food

1 - 3 of 3 Posts