Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on what the upcoming COLD night conditions is going to have on the fish and the fishing (fish postion, baitfish position, best places to target them, etc..........)?

·
Super Moderator
6,273 Posts
The cold front may shut the fish down a bit for a few days, but when the weather stabalizes the fishing is going to be real good. Right now all we need is the water temps to be a few degrees lower, and we are going to get there fast. IMO cold fronts in the early Fall are not as detrimental to fishing as the ones in the Spring or Summer either. Not sure why, but it is something I have noticed. I have had some of my best days for pike and bass in the most God awful conditions in the Fall.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I have noticed that the past week of cooler weather has turned the fish on somewhat already. I think that the cold front should only help that even more after a few days.

·
Registered
382 Posts
svslider said:
I almost got skunked today and hardly got a bite. Hopefully the bite turns on in a few days when they realize fall is coming.
Got out for about 2 hours tonight, first hour was 4 or 5 misses on the good ol' buzzbait, second hour had 3 solid hookups. 27" pike and 2 dink bass.

·
Super Moderator
6,273 Posts
That is what I like to hear. The fall buzzbait bite can be great as long as the temps do not dip too fast. If we have a normal Fall the next couple of weeks should be prime for early morning topwater.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.