Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
If I were you I'd go with Something along the lines of Vanish... you'll Be prepared for Literally Whatever you come across and don't need extra spools laying around, but this is my personal opinion. you'll have the fluorocarbon for clear water and it won't hurt on your hook sets in deep or murky water either the best all around choice for a GREAT price.

but again my Opinion :wink:

·
Registered
139 Posts
For a novice baitcaster i would recommend Mono in 15# to 20# test, as larger diameter line is easier to untangle than small diameter line. As for color it deends on the bodies of water you fish the most. In green tinged water green line blends in well. In clear water red line, clear line, or "smoke" colored line is what i go for. Then again for a lot of fishing methods line color doesn't make a difference.

My personal go to baitcasting line is 12# Yo-Zure hybrid, co-polomer/flurocarbon, line in smoke

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Go with 10-12 lb test mono as the thicker diameter line is harder to cast with unless ur using a very heavy bait.

I like green in murky and weedy waters and clear in clear water. I always like to match my line color to the background.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.