Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished como on saturday hoping for crappie and didn't get a bite. Broke the pull cord return on my motor so I had to diassemble the pull start to get a cord on the wrap aroung one. :roll: I decided to give it another shot on sunday because it was so darn nice out, and I'm glad i did. I was using small jigs and waxies or crawlers and getting nothing. I was at the deepest part of the lake when something caught my eye. Lmb were jumping like crazy in by the reeds at the west end. I had to put up the motor and row in between the islands of reeds. The bass were in the natural channels between these "islands". All they would hit was spinners. Red with black swirl tail and black/blue with black swirl tail. Was in 1' to 3' of water at the most. I wash i had gone out earlier but I slept in and took my time getiing ready, so i think I missed the best part of the day. Around 4:00 the clouds started breaking up and the action stopped. Had five in the boat, lost 3 more. A bunch more missed hits. I was fishing around a small tree and lost some around that. I'l post a pic tonight. :D

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No rentals, bassman. The launches are public, but kinda shady. It's a pretty small lake so a little boat is all ya need. No augy. I didn't end up getting the boat. Thats the 12' I already have. I need to coordinate a time with the guy thats giving ther john boat to me. Our schedules don't match up well. :cry:

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I take back the no rentals. Interlaken Resort might rent, if they open this year. And Mars bar has waverunner rental, so they might also rent boats. Or you could fish from a waverunner! :D Both places are on south shore drive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.