Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2glasseyes and I fished Como last night in the dark and then got to try our hand at Delevan for a few hours this morning.

Last night just as the sun went down I landed this northern on a black spinnerbait with a dark purple twistertail.

This morning Rudy and I tried Delevan for the first time by boat. Let me tell you Delevan kicks some major ass. We were only out for a few hours and didn't catch a whole lot of fish but we still had fun. Shortly after arriving Rudy caught this Eye and LMB on a black spinnerbait.

Later in the morning I tried my new floating/jointed baby pike rapala and the fish LOVED it! I only managed to land a few fish on it but I had a bunch of hits and misses. Below is a decent smallie I got on it.

Can you believe this little guy went for such a big lure? (I don't know my pan fish very well, I think this fish is a pumpkin seed please correct me if I'm wrong.)

All in all it was a great few hours of fishing. Lake Delevan is a serious gem. It kind of reminds me of Deep Lake, just 5 times the size!

·
Registered
702 Posts
nice going guys! how was boat traffic? i assume light as its still pretty chilly on the water. hoping to get up there for the first time next wednesday. is there a launch for como too? is it a decent alternative to delevan for weekends?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Topwater said:
how was boat traffic? i assume light as its still pretty chilly on the water. hoping to get up there for the first time next wednesday. is there a launch for como too? is it a decent alternative to delevan for weekends?
The boat traffic wasn't that bad, mostly fishing boats were out. Como is a decent alternative and there is a public launch. Be aware though, Como is a real small lake and is very shallow. The pike and bass fishing there is great though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.