Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Delta Airlines has told employees that if they remain unvaxed their health insurance premiums will increase by $200 per month.

Watch for other companies to do this. They're probably being told by their health insurance carriers that their actuaries & lawyers have examined the increased risks and resulting effect on their bottom lines.

It's like, "You want to remain unvaxed? Fine with us but you'll have to pick up the tab".

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
FloridaRigger they do at my company[/quote said:
Better up the costs for the overeaters and drinkers and let's not leave out the self medicate crowd. Plus those with bad dental hygiene should pay more because good dental hygiene contributes to one's overall health.

~JOE~

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Delta still loses money on non vaccinated workers. They are self insured, it costs them 50k per COVID hospitalization. Really hi octane guy I manage got COVID and was out a month and is still only half strength. I assumed he had been vaccinated but turns out he hadn't. He was really sick and totally regrets not getting it. He's around 40 years old. Two friends of another person o manage who live in LA have died of COVID in the last month. Both in their 30s.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As I said, watch for mandates to become the norm. Private and public organizations can't afford not to insist on vaccinations.

Health insurers will be leading the charge. I expect my Medicare supplement provider to let me know any day now.

BTW - Joe - smokers pay more as do diabetics, the obese and many others with conditions that effect health. Insurers make a science of analyzing risk and how it effects cost.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I'm fine with people paying more. If that's the way we want it then the government/ health system should start digging up all the pertinent info so we can all pay accordingly.

As far as the vaccine goes if you want it get it, if you don't want it then don't get it. It's sad that "my body my choice"went out the window. God forbid someone gets a virus but let's kill numbers of innocent babies by a personal choice.

~JOE~

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Rambler said:
Health insurers will be leading the charge. I expect my Medicare supplement provider to let me know any day now.
Medicare supplements do not make coverage decisions. Those come from Medicare itself.

·
Registered
682 Posts
joetrain said:
As far as the vaccine goes if you want it get it, if you don't want it then don't get it. It's sad that "my body my choice"went out the window. God forbid someone gets a virus but let's kill numbers of innocent babies by a personal choice.

~JOE~
that's a false equivalency. how many unwanted children have you personally adopted?

·
Registered
406 Posts
FloridaRigger said:
joetrain said:

~JOE~
that's a false equivalency. how many unwanted children have you personally adopted?
Actually at this point it is not because everyone who wants can get a vaccine.

Also people wait on long waiting lists to adopt newborns.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
FloridaRigger said:
joetrain said:

~JOE~
My point is that " my body, my choice" should be applied equally. Why is it pertinent to one side of an argument but not the other?

~JOE~

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Because replacing fathers with the state and forcing people to inject things into their bodies or suffer economic consequences both increase the power of the state.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Hello.
-Hi, table for two, please.

-Sure, and your name.

-Martin.

-Great. And do you and your guest have your vaccination cards?

-Hmmm well first..Can you tell us who our server will be?
-Um, looks like Brad will be your server tonight.

-Great. Can you show us Brad's vaccination card?

-Um...
-And also, can you provide me with proof that Brad is not a carrier of HIV, Hepatitis A or B, or any other communicable diseases? Same for you and the kitchen staff.

-Um...

-Also, we would prefer not to be served by someone who is on or uses recreational drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, meth, fentanyl, etc, so if you could provide us with Brad's most recent tox screen, that would be great. Matter of fact, I'll need to see all of your employees medical history.

-Um... Let me get the manager for you.

-That would be great, thanks. Make sure they have their shot card and medical records please.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My company dings me if I don't sign up a total wellness health tracker. On the plus side, we are rewarded with gift cards and stuff for improving our overall health year over year.
I don't love it, but it saves me money and it is a reminder that I should work out more.
I'm jumping into this conversation without reading all of the back and forth so forgive me if this has already been discussed.
What is the issue with getting the vaccine?
Regardless of political affiliation, we are all trying to get back to a time when CoVid didn't rule our lives, personally and professionally. Taking the position that no government is going to tell me how to live my life or what to put in my body is not defensible.
I have to believe everyone on this forum pays for a yearly fishing license. I also believe all of you would say something to a bucket head fishing next to us that over harvests fish. Society only works if we collectively agree to look out for each other.
I don't care if a person doesn't want to get vaccinated as long as they remove themselves from society. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be happening.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
"Taking the position that no government is going to tell me how to live my life or what to put in my body is not defensible."

Buying a fishing license is in no way the same as being forced to inject a drug into it your body.
Again " my body, my choice." Why doesn't that apply here?

~JOE~

·
Registered
114 Posts
I can provide better examples for you, Joe.
Drunk driving is illegal.
Stealing your neighbor's lawnmower is illegal.
Murder is illegal.
All of the above occur on an infrequent basis because most of understand the reasons why those things are a detriment to society.
Why does your right to say 'no' to getting the vaccine mean more than the rest of society's safety?
Not to open another political discussion, but I am curious about anti vaxxer's stance on women's reproductive rights. Do you support their right to choose?

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
I got the vax many months ago, but personally respect anyone else's choice not to get it. I could go on forever on my reasoning, but honestly don't care enough to do it here. People are going to think however they want to think anyways.

On a much brighter note, masks for ALL inside starting Monday. Also some serious mandates came down for educators as well as Chicago employees. Grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts