Chicago Fishing Forum banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Joe: Just proves it's a random universe. As Ron pointed out you make your decision and you have to live with it. Your friend was lucky the girl in the article wasn't. But I bet if she had it to do over she'd get the shot.

Registered
Someone please answer this question for me. If a person is not vaccinated and doesnt have the virus how is this person a threat to anyone?

~JOE~
I鈥檓 still waiting for an answer to my question that I posted on this thread about 6 posts back.

~JOE~
Right now the Delta variant is ripping through this country like a wildfire mostly whacking the mostly the unvaccinated. How do you know you don't have it? Or if you are newly infected and contagious and not showing symptoms, that's a threat to others. It's been a rough month here in the G household with me nearly losing 2 close relatives, including the one who gave birth to me. Stubborn anti-vaxers! How did I turn out so dang normal?

The more whatever variant rips through the population and doesn't get tamped down, the more possibilities of more mutations will increase. If a vaccine resistant variant arises, then the threat extends back to everyone. If the vaccines are 92% effective in stopping an infection, then 8 out of 100 are still catching covid. Maybe they wouldn't if covid wasn't tearing things up at the rate it is now because of all of those that won't get their shots.

Registered
The question was if an unvaxxed person doesn鈥檛 have the virus not if they have it and don鈥檛 know it so that doesn鈥檛 answer the question. I鈥檒l answer it myself since nobody wants to venture there.
People who don鈥檛 have the virus are not a threat. Period. Vaxxed or unvaxxed.

~JOE~

Registered
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
How did I turn out so dang normal?
Um, Ron - don't know how to tell you this... :D :D :D

People who don鈥檛 have the virus are not a threat. Period. Vaxxed or unvaxxed.
Joe: This is similar logic to Trump's assertion that more testing equals more cases. It doesn't follow.

The unvaccinated are a threat simply because they're vulnerable to infection and unknowingly could spread the virus. They also open pathways to further mutations and - hate to admit but Ron's spot on - the possibility of a vaccine resistant variant. If this happens we're just plain fucked.

We are so lucky to have people among us who have spent their adult lives studying viruses, pandemics and public health. And BTW, are a lot smarter than you or me. I prefer to follow their advice rather than listening to yo-yos on the internet or to the Trumpster's sycophants.

Registered
Path to further mutations?

Are we going to mandate vaccines to the entire world or close our borders?

Instead of the former they are pushing for booster shots here because we all know what pays better.
And to the latter, well鈥

Super Moderator
Show me the money Matt Ski!

In related news, the Border Patrol is no longer allowed to use horses, because there were pictures of them using reins to ride their horses.

Registered
Aliens must have abducted all the illegal aliens that were under that bridge they're gone

Registered
They do exist according to my idiot neighbor from across the street,who came over last nite when I was rigging rods at my truck for today,listening to the radio in the truck,he had to tell me about strange cameras everywhere, moving lites in the sky,and people he meets in stores that talk to him for no reason wind up on facebook asking to be his friend,then he is talking some nonsense about a spaceship he saw but his friend in the car did not,buy this time I was pissed,told him to get the hell away from me,closed my tailgate and went in the house,now I am sitting here with a battery charger on my truck because I left the damm radio on a all night,i should be on the road

Registered
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
I'll be the 1st in line when the Moderna comes out.

Registered
Some more pot stirring.
Just throwing it out there

~JOE~

Registered
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Sorry Joe but I'll stick with CDC reports. I'll admit to being just a bit partisan when I say I'm not surprised a Republican publication would "report" this sort of crap. The CDC says the unvaccinated are 11 times more likely to die than vaccinated people.

Let's face it. If you're right and I get the booster the worse that happens is I get a swollen arm. If I'm right and you (the universal "you") don't get vaccinated the worse that can happen is you're dead.

So what's the problem? Like you said, we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: ganz1960

Registered
It might be a republcan website but those UK numbers are something to be considered.

~JOE~

81 - 99 of 99 Posts