Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I believe that the pack is doing well too when ever a siren goes off police / firetruck we hear them howling in the field across the street or if they make a kill
But have you seen any foxes around? This was taken when walking my dog after work around Harlem & Higgins View attachment 139312
Yes we see foxes too also lots of Deer

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
Plenty of deer in the forest preserves near me. If you ever go hungry you can easily lure them with corn nuts within a knife trust lol.
Seen coyotes before as well but it was first time I saw a fox so close to my house. Didn’t expect to find them in my area especially during daylight hours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Be extra careful with your dog. One or two of them will have the dog chase them into the pack and then attack. It happened to my dog and it took three grown men throwing rocks, swinging sticks, and screaming for them to finally leave. They set a good trap.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I told my wife the same thing my older Lab is a big girl but would be no match for them and my other girl would just want to play still a big puppy they have been around my block a lot the past few days

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Up North we have problems with wolves. Hunters run their dogs for bears. Wolves hear the barking dogs, take it as challenge and they sometimes just find a head, collar left, spine and a few ribs left of a dog. Coyote are crafty intelligent predators.

Lots of cougars spotted in the up over the past few years. I don't care so much if I get mauled but when I'm bringing the grandkids in the woods one of us my be caring. Lots of bear scat in a few areas and a few verified attack a few years ago in Wisconsin. It's not the burbs up here. But at least it's not brown bear country or we'd be carrying all the time in the woods. I'm more worried about Lyme diesese but pets are tasty treats.
Plant Plant community Natural landscape Tree Carnivore

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
I recieved a trail camera as a gift last winter. Didn't know what to use it for really since I don't hunt. I thought I knew some really creepy secluded forested areas along the river I could put it. So I tried that for a month during the early summer and only snapped a pic of a racoon and a mole or mouse.

Later I brought it home and installed near my backyard fence. Thing lit up everynight with all kinds of critters. Foxes, yotes, possums, etc... I should get around to sharing those.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We get a good two weeks every year where skunks are all over the place. Gross. I see foxes at a business park nearby.
I see quite a few skunks around while walking my dog I even had one dig up 2 yellow jacket nests in my yard I had known idea that they would eat them I sprayed the ground nests with hornet killer after dark a few hours after that I saw him eating and digging up the nest

1 - 15 of 15 Posts