Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Fish-Tech yesterday to pick up some live bait and saw that they had some boxes with assorted crankbaits in them $2.99 each or 4 for $10. I picked up 4 Bandit cranks. They also had some Bagleys, Rapalas and Yo-Zuri.

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
I was at Fish-Tech today and that "bargain" table has some great stuff! I bought a spinner bait called a Master-Baiter. I'm not kidding. And I got a very nice "dozen" minnows (probably more). Too bad the DPR was so high and didn't get to use them all today.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think that Fish-Tech is going to be at the Rosemont show as well. I'll let you guys know if they are any bargain there after I go on Wednesday.

·
Registered
74 Posts
prince o pike said:
wow, it is funny that i moved 50 miles away and now i have no bait shops or fish to catch but you guys live it up at the wwd ( :lol: )and get sales at dicks and fish-tech :lol:
I try not to shop at either one of em'. I'd rather like to give my money to bass pro. Atleast those people know something about fishing. They also have better prices.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pokerguy45 said:
prince o pike said:
I try not to shop at either one of em'. I'd rather like to give my money to bass pro. Atleast those people know something about fishing. They also have better prices.
I have found that many times the people working at Bass Pro know little to nothing about fishing. The people working at Fish-Tech actually fish. Also, try to find good crankbaits at half price at BPS!

Dick's is another story. I try to avoid that place unless I absolutely need something.

·
Registered
74 Posts
toothdoc said:
I have found that many times the people working at Bass Pro know little to nothing about fishing. The people working at Fish-Tech actually fish. Also, try to find good crankbaits at half price at BPS!

Dick's is another story. I try to avoid that place unless I absolutely need something.
I agree 100% on waht you said about dicks. I only go there to pick up some line if I need it or a lure or two.

Now the times I had to ask for help at bass pro, which is hardly ever, I got some good advice. The guy at dicks needs to have a picture drawn up for him before he knows what you're talking about.

I haven't had a good time shopping at Ed Shirley's / Fishtech. The guy has treated me with disrespect (the one on dempster). If I'm going to buy something from you, alittle thank you would be nice to hear.

Also Bass Pro is selling Lipless cranks, topwaters and crankbaits for $1.99. The XPS brand.

All I know is that my money goes to bass pro.

·
Banned
655 Posts
The Dicks by me in Lombard ran and chased out what few educated people worked in the fishing department. They now moved off to BPS in Bolingbrook.

I only go there if I need something of short-notice...... Although BPS now is maybe just a little further by 5-minutes....

Anyways, the store manager herself is exactly what the store name is "Dick", but the kind for the feminine gender if you know what I mean.....

But if you want to buy non-fishing and outdoor gear, then it's worth a trip.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.