Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving into work this morning with the windows open when i drove thru a mass of cottonwood seeds blowing by. The first thing that came to mind is all that cotton stuck on my line, eyelets and bail. On the other hand, it's also usually a sign of Bass on the beds and spawning Crappies. It seems like everything weather wise has been 2-3 weeks behind this year. I think the best Spring fishing is yet to come. The next few weeks should prove productive for everybody. The Lagoons are back to normal water levels and the reports have been getting better. Good luck to all in the coming weeks!!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I was just discussing this with someone and looked back in last years reports. The bass were already spawning or done spawning on Beck this time last year. And the weather had been in the 70's a bunch.

I need to get a water thermometer.

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Its been a really strange year. NPike had water temps in the 50's out at Shabbona a few days ago, and a few weeks prior I found it in the 60's when I was there :shock: Consistent cold fronts and chilly nights are just not retaining the heat right now. The upcoming weather looks nice with a consistent stretch of 70's and high 60's. It should be some nice fishing, but I have the feeling this is going to be one of those years when the water temps go from the 50's to the 70's in a short period of time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.