Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out to the spot today got a couple a crappies and my friend got a couple blue gills and actualy i got a walleye to come up and look at my jig i jigged it write in front of his face wasnt intrersted atleast i diddnt get skunked ha

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if your talkin about the des plains river then fish the lyons area there are to dams the hoffman dam and the the second dam the best route is to cross the walking bridge infront of the hoffman dam once you walk off the bridge take a right and walk through the wooded area as you keep walking you will see the second dam and fish it from the spot were your standing on little pebbles or rocks or whatever fish that with a spinner bait then if no luck keep walking and theres a big cement cove you can fish what im thinking if i were you is to head to the river early in the morning with spinnerbaits and golden roach minnows if you realy wanna catch many pike head up to lake delavan in wisconsin im not sure were your located but i live in lemont and its 2 hours and 30 minutes from me good luck!

·
Banned
666 Posts
Not to burst your bubbles, but that whole area is overrated, overpoached, and overfished. You could find twice as much success elsewhere at places where few people even go to. Explore a bit and you will see what I mean.

And please turn off the CAPS. Gives us the impression that you are demanding and yelling at the forum so that you get your spots and info. :wink:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
relax its not a big deal the man has CAPS on and the reason why i reccomend the area is because ive had succes fishing there and its easy to access considering the man is a family of four and im telling you ive seen people set up with a bobber and a golden roach and catch pike in the 20 25 inch range all day im just going by what i know and i dont feel like there shoud be any criticism of anyone

·
Registered
382 Posts
..... ,,,,,, !!!!!! .................. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ..................................... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That should cover the punctuation in all of DPR's posts. Come on dude, nobody here is expecting school-quality writing, but make an effort.

·
Registered
382 Posts
DPRFisherman said:
if your talkin about the des plains river then fish the lyons area there are to dams the hoffman dam and the the second dam the best route is to cross the walking bridge infront of the hoffman dam once you walk off the bridge take a right and walk through the wooded area as you keep walking you will see the second dam and fish it from the spot were your standing on little pebbles or rocks or whatever fish that with a spinner bait then if no luck keep walking and theres a big cement cove you can fish what im thinking if i were you is to head to the river early in the morning with spinnerbaits and golden roach minnows if you realy wanna catch many pike head up to lake delavan in wisconsin im not sure were your located but i live in lemont and its 2 hours and 30 minutes from me good luck!
If you're talking about the Des Plaines River, then fish the Lyons area. There are two dams; the Hoffman dam, and the second dam. The best route is to cross the walking bridge in front of the Hoffman dam. Once you walk off the bridge, take a right and walk through the wooded area. As you keep walking, you will see the second dam. Fish it from the spot where you're standing, on little pebbles, rocks, or whatever. Fish that with a spinner bait. Then, if no luck, keep walking and there's a big cement cove ou can fish. What I'm thinking, if I were you, is to head to the river early in the morning with spinnerbaits and golden roach minnows. If you really want to catch many pike, head up to Lake Delavan in Wisconsin. I'm not sure where you're located, but I live in Lemont, and it's 2 hours and 30 minutes from me. Good luck!

What's easier to read, and doesn't make me look retarded?

*no offense*

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
am I the only one that doesn't mind CAPS? type in all CAPS all you want. people that are annoyed by CAPS need more problems in their lives. no disrespect...i'm just sayin'.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hahaha, major thread-jacking.

It's considered etiquette. Nothing more, nothing less. Anyone who has been on any message board for more than 2 days should know that. Like I said in my above post, nobody is expecting school-quality writing/punctuation/grammar/etc, but make an effort. That's all.

:shrug:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.