Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw some crystal fireline at dicks, says that its supposed to be clear like mono looks white tho. Anyone try it yet?

·
Registered
702 Posts
I hope it is as 'invisible' as mono, I've been wondering why they haven't marketed something like that.....if it is 'clear' like mono...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
11.99 or 13.99 ~ the one by me (Alg) only had 6lb test though so I didnt buy it.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
I'm going to Dick's now. If they have it, i'll give it a try.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i got it i just haven't put it on a reel yet when i do i'll let you guys know i'm alil scared tho bc it looks really white

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
has anyone tried viewing fishing line under water with some goggles in a pool??? it would be an interesting experiment. i'll have to try it next time.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hey Augy, I think to truly get an accurate reading you would need to view it in 'real' water, like Beck or better yet the NSC. I tell ya what, you and Jason get together and have him dive in the NSC and take a peek at the new firewire underwater! :lol: Ok, but really, I'm planning on doing just that in a few weeks up in northern WI, get some goggles and when we are swimming see if I can tell the difference between several lines. Though our eyesight is certainly not that of a fishes underwater, and the water up there is a LOT clearer than around here, at least it'll give me a better idea of what they're lookin at.

Strange things fishing addicts will think of :shock:

Oh, I was at Dick's tonight and passed on the crystal, the thinnest they had was 10lb or 3lb mono thickness. I figure that the green siderwire is half that thickness and so close to the water color that it would be a step in the more visable direction.....though if I were to go higher in strength I would give it a try. But what I like about braided is the durability in rough conditions like rip rap, it's castibility, no stretch and no birdsnests! So for me overall strength isn't a big deal, I still have the drag as backup abyway.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
whatuya say jay, you ready to field test the crystal line for our fine members of wcf?

we stopped at bass pro after deep today and found 14 and 20lb cyrstal line.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I might buy the 6lb for my ultra lite considering I lost a decent bass with my mono crap today!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I heard on another internet site that it wasn't as good as the original Fireline. I think that they said that the clear coloring wears off quickly making it more visible. Also it was stiff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts