Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hey Augy, I think to truly get an accurate reading you would need to view it in 'real' water, like Beck or better yet the NSC. I tell ya what, you and Jason get together and have him dive in the NSC and take a peek at the new firewire underwater! :lol: Ok, but really, I'm planning on doing just that in a few weeks up in northern WI, get some goggles and when we are swimming see if I can tell the difference between several lines. Though our eyesight is certainly not that of a fishes underwater, and the water up there is a LOT clearer than around here, at least it'll give me a better idea of what they're lookin at.

Strange things fishing addicts will think of :shock:

Oh, I was at Dick's tonight and passed on the crystal, the thinnest they had was 10lb or 3lb mono thickness. I figure that the green siderwire is half that thickness and so close to the water color that it would be a step in the more visable direction.....though if I were to go higher in strength I would give it a try. But what I like about braided is the durability in rough conditions like rip rap, it's castibility, no stretch and no birdsnests! So for me overall strength isn't a big deal, I still have the drag as backup abyway.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I heard on another internet site that it wasn't as good as the original Fireline. I think that they said that the clear coloring wears off quickly making it more visible. Also it was stiff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.