Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been working too much and not fishing enough. When I do take a day off I enjoy spending time with the family even if it means less casting for me.

A few good updates, my son can literally outfish me at local ponds at times now. Including one park district pond outing where he outfished me 8 bass to zero. Bass only wanted a crappie jig that day.馃ぃ

My daughter can now cast all on her own and catch panfish at will. Shes 4yrs old.

Yesterday I ran into a poacher at a local pond with a whole cooler full of runt blue gills, most likely for flathead bait. I gave him the business and he released them all.

I apologize for not enough detail reports but I have been keeping tabs on everyone elses reports and to me they're all gold. Even updates on skunks are valuable and scratch the itch for me. Thanks guys, keep up with the local fishing.

Water Sky Water resources Shirt Plant
Water Plant Sunglasses Lake Fluvial landforms of streams
Water Plant Sky Cloud Nature
Smile Sky People in nature Plant Fisherman

Smile Plant community Plant People in nature Organism

Vertebrate Goggles Sunglasses Plant Sports uniform
Water Sky Photograph Plant People in nature
Water Sky Cloud Boat Outdoor recreation
Water Sky Boat Muscle Naval architecture

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That smallie is a tank for sure, also Fox? Is that a brown? Beautiful.
That smallie was from a kayak trip on the Milwaukee River.

Yes that's a brown trout from the discharge at the Waukegan powerplant. This was the last year to hit that discharge as they shut down the Waukegan power plant earlier this month after a century of poisoning the lake and surrounding community. They will now fumble the clean up process no doubt. They intend to bury coal ash within steps of the lake and cover it with a plastic tarp claiming it will contain the ash for 400yrs with out any ground water seepage. But initial tests already show the ground water all around the site is already contaminated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts