Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know you could catch a minnow on a jig :shock:

Really though, it's my first smallie while out fishing the Fox with Darth. I love this wading stuff.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
From the title I wasn't sure what this was gonna be about :shock:

Wading for smallies is tons of fun. Congrats on your first..now your hooked!

Just one question....looks like you were wet wading?? If so that had to be cold!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what Darth said. It wasn't bad till I got OUT of the water. I ordered some waders, and they should be here today. If they don't get here, I'll wet wade again. :D The water is warmer than the air so it really isn't bad yet. I learned to put a pair of dry pants in my back pack and I change when I get out of the water. Now when the guys talk smack I just remind them that they need their special rubber pants to walk in the same river that I'm in. LOL Wisconsin blood has it's benefits. :wink:

·
Registered
401 Posts
wading the rivers is a blast! the fox even gives you a nice little workout with the strength of the current in some stretches! when i was out sunday for 5 hours on the fox in algonquin with my brother we felt fine until we got out of the car after the 45min ride home and we both almost fell over our feet and legs were so sore! wading is so much more fun when you have the waders and dont have the discomfort of being cold/wet! much more comfortable with the waders :) Glad to see you lost your fox river virginity with the smallie! They can only get bigger!!!! :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pezdek1 said:
Glad to see you lost your fox river virginity with the smallie! They can only get bigger!!!! :D
I sure hope so!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's what all the guys say. 8) As for the workout, you're damn skippy. My everything hurt after spending a few hours wading in the river. I will be back in "racing shape" in no time!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Fopoil said:
Hey Darth what did you get that pig on, i see you switched to spinning gear. Any new patterns?
Yeah big cranks on the baitcaster has been an exercise in futility lately =)

This one hit a Gold&Black back Orange bellied pins minnow...same as last year at this time.

·
Registered
825 Posts
koolaid2313 said:
That's what all the guys say. 8) As for the workout, you're damn skippy. My everything hurt after spending a few hours wading in the river. I will be back in "racing shape" in no time!
You are 100% correct. It is a helluva workout. I can go all day in the boat but only 3-4 hours when wading. Last Saturday, I got up at 3:30, drove for 3 hours, and fished till dark. I never even thought about fatigue. Put me on the Kank in the summer on a nice morning and I'm done by 10:00 or 11:00.

When I plan on wade fishing, I make sure I am well-hydrated and have eaten something substantial for breakfast. If not, I run out energy in about 2 hours. Since making this change, I can go harder and longer. Good fishing.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seebass said:
koolaid2313 said:
Wisconsin blood has it's benefits. :wink:
:shock: Isn't their blood usually diluted with beer and brandy? :lol:
Which is why we don't get cold very easy. Alcohol has a lower freezing point. :D And the cheese provides ample insulation. :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.