Wind: WNW 13 Mph
Sky: sunny
Water: Few inches below regular level
Water color: clear
B. Pressure: 30.13
Fish Caught: 0
09 fish Count:66from
Dec.3108-jan12010

Hey guys, yet another Skunk... both coming because of my brother being under dressed And as he's driving.. Lets just say i don't have much say in things when it comes to leaving.

This may turn into a longer Deal then wanted. My #1 goal this season was no Skunks. That can't be accomplished any longer. Although I'm still committing to fishing everyday this season just to further my skills. I really can't wait to get my own transportation. This is getting a little irritating in the fact that Even in the middle of a bite i have to drop everything and leave...

Week 2 And already 2 Skunks.

As of DAY 14, 2009

66 Total fish.

2 Skunks

I have no intention of quitting.
Every time out I'm trying to catch fish.
This isn't Stressing me Nor is it as physically demanding.
My daily routine including 8hours of work consist of fishing and exercising to keep up with the fishing.
I will come back Strong! just tough conditions lately.

see you tomorrow.

:arrow:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nice Try out there Geo. Every fisherman has his or her days of getting the Skunk. Thats a tough goal to never get skunked fishing every day for a year. I'm glad your trying it though and it shows how tough fishing can be in certian conditions, no matter how good you are at fishing.

You will get em next time!

Wrench

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
"Although I'm still committing to fishing everyday this season "

365 days!!!!

and it's only "Day 14: Irritated"

....we may find you in a rubber room by the spring spawn...LOL

Good luck Geo....Tell your bro it gets cold in January here :mrgreen:

Best of it !!!

·
Registered
825 Posts
George W said:
I have no intention of quitting.
Every time out I'm trying to catch fish.
This isn't Stressing me Nor is it as physically demanding.
My daily routine including 8hours of work consist of fishing and exercising to keep up with the fishing.
I will come back Strong! just tough conditions lately.
George,
First off I think your goal is incredible. Just keep in mind that if you change your goal, you are not quitting. You might find that continually fishing in tough, brutal conditions is ruining your enthusiasm and taking the fun out of fishing. That was one of my first thoughts when I read about your plan.

Here's a short story. Last year, I set the goal of running 1000 miles in a year which is just about 20 miles a week and what I run on a normal week. After the first month, I was right on pace. Then I went on a work trip where I couldn't realistically run and then I caught a virus that took me out of commission for a day or so. Needless to say, I was way off pace. I pretty much stopped lifting weights and was running just about every day to get back on pace. It got to the point where I was not even enjoying the runs anymore. So I decided to change the goal and go back to what I used to do which is alternate run/lift according to my schedule. I became much happier and I didn't feel bad at all. The funny thing is that I've run so much the last couple months that I probably reached 1000 miles but I no longer keep track so I don't know.

The analogy is pretty clear. Don't be afraid to change your goal if it is not working for you. Not to say that it isn't working for you but just keep it in mind. I look forward to your future reports. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.