Water: low
Water color: clear
B. Pressure: 29.80
Fish Caught: 3
09 Fish Count:87
Skunks: 3
Dec.31,2008-Dec.31,2009

- The goal

Fish Everyday from December 31, 2008 - December 31,2009 keeping all my stats and learning a long the way. Every species count in my season tally accept Shad, Gobies, any invasive species. And also to bring awareness to the trophy fishing in urban community's. Weather is taken from http://www.weather.com. Even When i report a skunk I'll post a picture of the surrounding as proof of my outing.

YES! Really just 6lb test.

{{ Hey Whats with the crappie pole? }}

Most would consider it a noodle rod. It's length is 10'6" Long and it's a light action. The light shock absorbing action with the rod Allows me to use lighter lines without anything freezing up and snapping off with the help of the plastic guides. These fish have Pull in them How much ? Well The most honest way to imagine a carp fight... is, Watching a big tug boat go by, Your rod starting to slowly bend over because of that massive tug boat, You just hold on... hoping that tug boat Doesn't rap you around something, Spool you.. Or god knows what else.. but then goes back to the "Crappie Pole" The longer length and softer tip allowing me to almost "control" most of the fight, turning the fish in a direction I'd rather him swim in away from any obstacles. This Dawaii firewolf 10'6 rod i bought for 30 dollars Along with my pFlueger trion spinning reel also priced at 30 dollars. A 60 dollar combo... that's already pulled in over 100 fish over 20lbs 6 Mirror Carp And god knows how many total... Just 60 dollars, and it's on it's 5th Freaking fishing season!

You don't have to spend A lot of Money at ALL to catch nice fish. Look where a .99 Can of corn can get you :mrgreen:

And that's all I'm trying to say
8)

see you all tomorrow :mrgreen:

- Geo
Multi-Species fisherman
[email protected]

8)

·
Super Moderator
6,237 Posts
Those are some stellar fish GEO and I agree with you. I think I proved the same point on the WCF tour last year using nothing but Ugly Stiks. Having expensive gear certainly does not put fish in the net all by themselves. You still gotta catch em first :wink:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
George W said:
Day 23

{{ Hey Whats with the crappie pole? }}

Most would consider it a noodle rod. It's length is 10'6" Long and it's a light action. The light shock absorbing action with the rod Allows me to use lighter lines without anything freezing up and snapping off with the help of the plastic guides. These fish have Pull in them How much ? Well The most honest way to imagine a carp fight... is, Watching a big tug boat go by, Your rod starting to slowly bend over because of that massive tug boat, You just hold on... hoping that tug boat Doesn't rap you around something, Spool you.. Or god knows what else.. but then goes back to the "Crappie Pole" The longer length and softer tip allowing me to almost "control" most of the fight, turning the fish in a direction I'd rather him swim in away from any obstacles. This Dawaii firewolf 10'6 rod i bought for 30 dollars Along with my pFlueger trion spinning reel also priced at 30 dollars. A 60 dollar combo... that's already pulled in over 100 fish over 20lbs 6 Mirror Carp And god knows how many total... Just 60 dollars, and it's on it's 5th Freaking fishing season!

You don't have to spend A lot of Money at ALL to catch nice fish. Look where a .99 Can of corn can get you

And that's all I'm trying to say

Some might say noodle, I thought crappie pole was all. I fish for carp/suckers (see my avatar), so I understand their power, just wondered why 10.5' pole was all.

I've used a 6'6" ml Berkley Cherrywood pole with a Daiwa Megaforce 1000 spinning reel and 8lb Fireline for a few years now, bought for a grand total of $35- and have caught numerous carp/suckers with it.

So I'm with ya on the cheap... I mean economical gear. I use some of the Cabela's rods and cheaper reels to make $50 combos, and have caught many fish on them as well.

Keep up the good work in this cold water George, I enjoy your reports. :lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dude, I have the same type of rod, except mines a Jaxon, bought it from Europe. ANyway, I totally agree with you on the fact that it gives you way more control over the fish and allows you use lighter line. Nice fish BTW.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nice Carp Geo, I agree that the first one is a hawg!!!

But wheres the Bass??? Let see some Chicago River Bass. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
George, I was only joking around about the bass. But damn those carp are huge. I remember when I use to fish for them when I was a kid. Lost a few rods to them as well... :oops:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.