Sky: Cloudy/dark
Water: low
Water color: clear
B. Pressure: 29.96
Fish Caught: 0
09 Fish Count:94
Skunks: 5
Dec.31,2008-Dec.31,2009

Many of you who have been Frequent readers, Are probably viewing in, expecting the tale of me catching a few more fish and getting closer to 100 total on the month :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But.. That didn't happen. Many people Ask me how many did you catch today .. ? I'll respond .. oh just one. And most always they reply back "oh that's it ? ". Yes that's it!! Your not understanding the toll it takes on a person. My brother.. Along time a go this month dropped out. Because physically, how exhausting this goal was that he tried to match me . Everyday trekking through at least 12" of snow most times running 2 1/2 blocks to make most out of your fishing time. :lol: And most times 40 minutes is my outing :? Still... somehow I'll stay consistent.. If we were in ancient times, While you fatties hover in your huts cuddled and warm .. I'd be Out feeding the Village. so yes just 1. I'm not a cocky guy, But will Say You match what I did this month next January. Not just quantity but quality. I know I sure want another shot at it. --Intended for specific person, Not Frequent readers--

... just a Vent.

Today, While fishing in the usual spot. Not near any warm water discharge water in the high 30's. I did have two opportunity's to hook a fish.. Had the bite, And everything. But I sat and watched. I just wanted to see if he'd hook himself or would he be able to realize what he had. (My hook) ... Well.. they knew about the hook. And both swam away :oops: :oops:

But i didn't mind.. the goose that's been warming up to me now lets me feed him within 2 feet from me. Also won't move when i cast and everything.. lol.. thinking about filming it soon :wink: :wink:

Got the skunk guys. But it was a dam good one :wink:

really windy though.

Back in tune.. I set My number to 3 Tomorrow. 8)

Man..

Already a Month :p

- Geo
Multi-<((><
[email protected]

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm not sure who you are talking about, and I honestly don't give a shit. Neither should you. You made this goal for yourself, noone else. Going out every day, whether it's 40 minutes or all day, you must be learning so much. :jealous:

You'll get 'em next time, keep it up buddy!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Fishing and Catching are sometimes two different things, and observing isn't something all of us are lucky enough to do. Miss two fish today, land dozens more as a result of learning how fish work and the kind of time you have to react in. Noble if you ask me.

1 fish in a day is nothing to be ashamed of. There are days in the fall where I had to help salmon that had beached themselves on gravel back into the river, I had so many salmon around me that they would shoot between my legs sometimes, and for the life of me, in the time I had, I couldn't entice one into a meal of hooks and metal. The month isn't over until its over. You still may hit your target, and you may fall short by a % or two. But that is nothing to be too upset about.

Your reports are a blast to read, keep it up George.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
nevermind the haters Geo. even toothdoc's smartass comments. I have no doubt that on day ..say.....276 -toothdoc will still be taking the time to point out its actually day 275..gets a bit old after reading that for a month now but so be it. just do your thing. you know you enjoy the heck out of it and you got a lot of people cheering you on. keep rippin' lips.

B

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Brandon said:
nevermind the haters Geo. even toothdoc's smartass comments. I have no doubt that on day ..say.....276 -toothdoc will still be taking the time to point out its actually day 275..gets a bit old after reading that for a month now but so be it. just do your thing. you know you enjoy the heck out of it and you got a lot of people cheering you on. keep rippin' lips.

B
Brandon, I believe ToothDoc is only joking around about the days :wink:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
yeah i didnt mean toothdoc was a hater. just mentioned him in addition to the haters because of the # of days thing. i realize the # of days is a joke and quite lighthearted at that. don't see much harm in it -just don't necessarily look forward to seeing the same reply to GW's posts for the rest of '09. But alas, do what thou will. :mrgreen:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.