Sky: Cloudy
Water: High
Water color: Stained
B. Pressure: 30.12
Fish Caught: 1 SEXY BASS
09 Fish Count: 124
Skunks: 9
Dec.31,2008-Dec.31,2009

The Excitement! Got another today, But they'll probably be tough the next couple of days. Today I REALLY Fished it up I covered a lot of water I threw Everything. He hit like a freight train And i flashed a few pictures and released it. I'm sure he had a very soar mouth.. Ever since i missed those two early in the season .. I've Jammed the Hell out of these fish when i've had the opportunity. Thats one statistic Driving me the rest of the way this month. I don't think I've caught as many fish through this point in February but i have caught some nice ones! I havn't even taken my pan fish outfit out in 3 or 4 days.

He did come on artificial as all my bass do
:mrgreen:

on another topic I got my power pro in the mail 50lb 12lb diameter and spooled it on my new quantum accurist which will be making a short appearance tomorrow :mrgreen:

I've always been an Aggressive Fisherman but I'm vastly improving my versatility this year, And will catch more and bigger bass then I ever have! I've already learned a lot. And although I understand I'll never learn it all, I'll try to learn everything I can.

Everyday is a learning process, and I'm taking notes!

- Geo
Multi-<((><
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 50 lb test And 12lb diameter Is best suited for What I plan on doing this year. I was thinking of going with the 30lb power pro Because that's what I use to use a few years ago, but decided to go with the 50 for now. I am more of a finesse Fisherman But Also a Very Fast fisherman I'll hit hole after hole My new outfit is just to help land a few Extra bass that my g-loomis Set-up misses :wink: This year I'll be more versatile then Ever, And i can't wait to start Rippin Lipz!!.. Well more lips anyway :D

-Geo

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Good job Geo!

Just dont make a mess of my spot on the NSC leaving all that 50lb test around. :lol: I joke George, I believe we all had a line discussion on here once before. I wont remind you of what you said about guys who fish with 50lb. :oops:

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't remember Exactly what i said, But Will Admit I was Wrong. In this journey, I'm Learning And Have to go to certain things to catch more fish. Usually primarily a finesse fisherman, If i can see Him I WILL Catch him. I use to Winter Fish And even in summer Months use finesse tatcis, But With the Limited amount Of time i have and in order to get those more aggressive fish I'll try and nail them On braid. You know I'm not jigging out there with this stuff :lol: But I do use it for ALL My crank baits and spinner baits, More of reaction baits Like that the fish have NO time to second guess The presentation :mrgreen:

So therefore You guys were right. Because I've actually "GAINED" 4 New Lures I've took off snags. And only lost 2.. I can't waste time tying knots when I'm not out there all day.

this is why i've said this really is my "Learning year" because h'm only 20.. And i read most all these threads. You older fisherman are wise and have TONS Of experience. you've experienced condition's in your life time i may have not even seen yet. Lately Rich's post have been helping me. I took most of my fish this year on plastics but After rich posted his spinner bait Bass Report i immediately Started using that and lipless Crankbaits on my braided Combo. And have been catching more of the aggressive fish, Although again most came on plastics. Last 3 I believe were All Spinner bait bass With braided line.

I actually Accidentally snagged the Metropolitan Pontoon Boat, with my Favorite lure.. :oops: Good thing i had the braid because.. I PULLED That boat to shore, And caught a bass on the next cast. :lol: :lol:

keep Teaching .. I'm Listening :mrgreen:

- Geo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.