Water color:clear
B. Pressure: 30.45
Fish Caught: 0 - 1
09 Fish Count: 144
Skunks:13
Dec.31,2008-Dec.31,2009

BEFORE I GET TO MUCH INTO THINGS..

Don't judge my season based on these first two months :mrgreen:

Well That's Day 54, my 13th skunk of the :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :shock: :shock: Season. this one was weird, I fished along side another carper "luke" Was his name, He using boilies, And another rod rigged with corn. I using corn on both of mine. I Had 2 bites the whole time I was there. But there were two subtle very light tugs and then Nothing... ever! :shock: I kept waiting anticipating.. but nothing else happened :shock: I was bottom fishing. And disappointed.. but also shocked. I have said This is really my "LEARNING YEAR" And after today's outing, I just have to keep reminding myself that :x

Day 55: today was similar but in a separate location, I'm thinking about going to a smaller hook to see if i can get a few more bites, The water was Pretty low both days.

-Geo
Multi-<((><
[email protected]

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
382 Posts
You said it George, use each day as another lesson learned. What size hooks are you currently using?

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
using size 4 and 6 at the moment.

going down to size 12. used it a few winters ago with good results.

- Geo

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
331 Posts
How did you fit Jason into that net George? :lol: Yeah, keep at it, and in the winter, ESPECIALLY if you aren't using Live Worms, you WILL be skunked, and a 25% skunkage rate really is not all that bad... I mean the FREEEEEEEZING temps you've been out in, not that bad at all. Stick to the slack areas nearest the FASTEST current you can find, for whatever section of the river you are fishing that day, be it Howard St. or the Turning Basin area downtown, and you'll find fish. They ARE there. Think DEEP, no DEEEEEPER.... be willing to lose tackle, get the lures/baits ON THE BOTTOM or within a foot of it, and you'll catch 'em. Good Luck, and Warm Toes, Alex (OWNER, North Shore Channel :mrgreen: )

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Don't get discouraged George. You have gotten skunked far less during the toughest months of the year than most people do during the best months. Keep at it.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Geo, Getting the skunk is part of fishing. Catching a fish every day for a year in some tough conditions around this time of year is pretty tough. You are doing a great job and learning as well as teaching us some things. Keep at it George. Every day is a different day. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Geo, the 15 day forecast is showing signs of improvement and some stablization of temperatures. I'm looking forward to when you start slammin slab crappies off of shopping cart structures :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.