Water: regular level
Water color:clear
B. Pressure: 29.99
Fish Caught: 0 - 1
09 Fish Count: 145
Skunks:14
Dec.31,2008-Dec.31,2009

.. Day 56

My brother and I fished one hour. Neither of us never even getting a bite :shock: :shock: No sign of any carp :?: The bite has been Really light, And Something I haven't experienced.

Now, Today Having the day off finally :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And Actually having time to fish I get on the phone with a buddy Shane, And we head up to The Howard st. Area., Now The plan was originally set at carp the night before But today being such a great Day We decided to target bass. Just getting to the hole Making about 6 or 7 Cast I see a Metro-Politan Vehicle approaches And ask us to leave, Were not authorized to Fish here :?: :!: :!: What! I replied we've fished the spot for 14 Years :mrgreen: She replied I understand but You can't fish here. As soon as I approached they asked me for my Drivers License or id. I asked why to the SGT. Williams. And she responded At that time i was not able to fish the area. Throughout the Argument, We went through several things as to why the fish chose to feed over here, And What GREAT Fishing there is in lemont :shock: I told her this was a close spot, She said I was trespassing. I responded there's no trespassing signs anywhere near the area. :shock: She said There were caution signs though. I replied CAUTION SIGNS? Yes those are to warn us, As a pre-caution. not to keep us out! If anything we were Showing what great work the metropolitan Water reclamation Has been doing, by showcasing the fisherie :!: No matter what point i tried to make She wasn't taking anything. If she Reads this, For what ever weird reason, I didn't APPRECIATE how we were kicked out doing what we love FISH. While the only reason you went there in the first place was to catch The Shore fire starters that are ruining it for all of us!

Now for you Dam Young fisherman That inhabit the area from time to time, Making a fire :shock: To keep warm .one time I saw you do it in 40 degrees :shock: ?? A little bit of a heads up. Your Killin it! And there sending cars around frequently till they catch you :roll: Stupid... officers. Which is keeping me away.. NOTT!

I don't mind going to any other areas if this spot is for whatever reason not fish able I don't fish it but maybe 2 times a week anyway. But to get kicked out ? having are names and car make and all noted so If were spotted again fishing the area we could be arrested on site :shock:

( Now although this is BS, Taking the chance will be risky due to the fact I see one every other Day out there that always ask me how the fishing is, then go on there way.)
\

knowing I had my goal of going fishing everyday i pushed her as Hard as I could. I was Pissed! Even going as far as asking her to tell the gentleman under the bridge to leave... Maybe to far of a walk for her? :lol: @@@@ But I had to leave and re-locate As i did.

you were wrong.

but keep up the great work On the Fisherie.

got this guy, bite still being VERYY Light on a float Slip-sinker Rig. Also hooked into another that pulled my hook... it was a huuge carp For sure my biggest this year made a leap straight out of the water like you see a marlin do :shock: :shock: but again he pulled my hook :( 1 for 1 on the carp today on 6lb test and size 12 hook. My worst month by far, but who cares I'm having fun :mrgreen: that water is coold :shock:

Improvements on it's way, Done with these skunks. :D

GEO
[email protected]
Multi-<(><

:x

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
With all the young people involved in everything from alcohol, drugs, selling drugs, prostitution, gang violence and robberies it's pathetic to harass a young fisherman enjoying the outdoors in one of the few ways possible in a big city.

I feel the same way every time I get harassed for fishing. Not breaking any laws, not trespassing, not causing a scene or making noise, not littering or destroying anything. If anything, maybe picking up some of the litter and taking it home with you. And still they harass and tell you you can't fish and usually they are wrong anyhow. I got chased out of South Elgin once because the "water was too high." Pathetic!

·
Registered
400 Posts
RonG said:
With all the young people involved in everything from alcohol, drugs, selling drugs, prostitution, gang violence and robberies it's pathetic to harass a young fisherman enjoying the outdoors in one of the few ways possible in a big city.

I feel the same way every time I get harassed for fishing. Not breaking any laws, not trespassing, not causing a scene or making noise, not littering or destroying anything. If anything, maybe picking up some of the litter and taking it home with you. And still they harass and tell you you can't fish and usually they are wrong anyhow. I got chased out of South Elgin once because the "water was too high." Pathetic!
I agree! There is so much other crime to deal with. Like most people though, they are lazy. Fishermen are easy targets, and don't put up much fight. No paperwork, no hassle, but still look like they are doing their jobs. Way to serve and protect... :roll:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice carp , sorry to hear about ur adventure, did u show them u had a valid fishing license ?

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
George, sorry about your troubles. There are WAY more pressing matters for CPD to deal with, but the officer was probably just doing as she was instructed. Unfortunately it seems that a couple knuckleheads ruined the spot for you. Give it some time, and I bet the situation will pass and you will be able to enjoy your spot again.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Better luck next time George.
You mentioned Howard. Thats a great spot. If you were fishing on the east side of the canal, across from the discharge, you were trespassing. I have done it many times before, as well as a lot of other people. I always respect the spot, but I do notice a lot of graffiti, broken bottles, corn cans, plastic bags, etc. I realize your frustration, but you have to be ready to accept that when you are on private property, you can be asked to leave.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Geo, think I know the spot your talking about. that was one of my fav spots last fall. i never saw it too littered up and if it was i bagged it all up on my way out. only time i saw fires going were when the homeless living there had started them. only thing annoying about that spot is being heckled by the mindless passers by. this sucks. i'm fishing there anyway. at least until i pay a fine for trespassing. which I'm assuming would be after being asked to leave at least twice. sorry to hear about this but I kind of expected to hear of it or experience it at some point. :evil:

but yeah, IF people can't fish there-people shouldn't be allowed to kayak and the homeless people have to go. otherwise you'd better start looking like you live there as well. :wink:

B

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have been stoped by many police while fishing and Hey the way I put it an police man or woman is always right. IF they tell you you are trespassing you are then. Just becuase we are all fishermen doesnt mean that we are angels and its ok to fish were ever we want. I see your posts and it seems like you can find just and spot it can even be a puddle seroiusly and you wil pull a fish out of it. So its should be no biggy towards you. Over all nice carp you caught and keep up the good fishing reports. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.