Sky: cloudy
Water: high
Water color:clear
B. Pressure: 30.52
Fish Caught: 7
09 Fish Count: 152
Skunks:17
Dec.31,2008-Dec.31,2009

Got out this morning, Bren Mawr was the location fishing for carp along the narrow stretch of river. We fished 2 hours without a tap, Wind gust up to 25 MPH Straight in the face with heavy snow. It wasn't pleasant fishing Definitely uncomfortable. Five Minutes before we left I did get 2 taps and When I set the hook the fight lasted about 20 seconds then he pulled the hook.

After my brother James and I got home, Neil called and we agreed to go fish Busse's WWD. Upon our arrival I was amazed to see how much the weather was different from Chicago. :shock: No Wind, Sunny, Calm, And really comfortable. Going only artificial And fighting our day's last hours I started casting out with a small Crappie tube Red/white But didn't even getting a tap (Later finding out old salt ripped some lipz b4 my arrival :mrgreen: ) Eventually Switching to a small 2" White Yum Crappie tube, Catching All my fish 1 Bass, 3 Crappie, 2 bluegill. Also Caught a Carp on a small yellow grub :mrgreen: :mrgreen: had another look at a crayfish plastic but he wouldn't hit it.

Neil Using a small white grub i believe from last glance landed a Bluegill and also a nice crappie :mrgreen:

We did are best with artificial's Although I liked a lot of the reactions I seen with the bass I'll definitely better approach it next time, Hopefully soon. Great time out, A lot of fun.

Nice time out Neil :D

- Geo
Multi-<((><
[email protected]

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
"WWD. Upon our arrival I was amazed to see how much the weather was different from Chicago. No Wind, Sunny, Calm, And really comfortable"

Very nice mixed bag GEO.....

The WWD is great for blocking wind. Most days it's really comfortable to fish there in the winter. :wink: (Cool Carp)

Was the water still high?

Any Big Bass around?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yeah George, the weather was weird today. Windy as hell downtown at 6am, by 10am, it was snowing hard. Driving home on 290, the snow and wind completely stopped near Harlem. Good job on the mixed bag today!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.