Water: Avg.
Water color: Murky
B. Pressure: 29.73
Fish Caught: 0 - 12
09 Fish Count: 169
Skunks:18
Dec.31,2008-Dec.31,2009

Day 64.

Fished The Des Plains River in Search of Some fine toothy northern pike, But to no avail We walked almost 8 city blocks of river on each side With not even a sign of any fish. Water was still high.

Day 65

I Fished The Chicago river Along with Salt creek today as I did Have the Day off :mrgreen:

Upon arrival at The Chicago river.. It was packed.. :shock: So after a about 40 min In the Crowded zone i headed off on my own to see if I can get a bass.. but nothing :( So I stuck it out with the pan fish.. It was a little difficult casting a 1/32oz Crappie jig on 10lb test using a bait caster :lol: But I managed :mrgreen: I ended up nailing 11 Fish (Crappie and Bluegills) total at the river using a Red with green Small crappie tube.

I have a picture of every fish But just displaying a few of the bigger ones :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

After leaving the river, We made a group event shane, Neil, James, John and Myself Wen't and hit Busse for bass. I was looking for a Walleye, it was unfortunate but I didn't land any walleye :cry: Rob Busse Was there And I got to talk to him quite a while, Now there's a guy that looks like he knows what he's doing :mrgreen: Hope to fish with you soon, It was nice meeting you.

Well, Upon casting for walleye. I had a small bump Like I Bumped a Stick or something and Felt weight.. I Whaled into this fish on my 50lb power pro Bass combo And the fight was on, And pretty intense these fish have fight in them and hooking this one about 10 Feet From shore i got to see them first hand. Amazing specimen! :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tight lines!

- Geo
[email protected]
Multi-<((><

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Ya ,they must have stocked all different sizes , or there growing at a record rate :shock:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ya know it's funny, about 6 weeks ago I posted a thread under Busse about catching a 28" musky from the salt creek (wwd to be exact) Nobody would believe me. People were saying either I was lieing about the size or that it was a Northern and not a musky. Unfortunately all I had on me to take a picture was my camera phone so the picture didn't turn out that well so it was hard to plead my case. So anyways it's just nice to be validated via another angler catching a fish just as big (maybe even bigger)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Geo, one thing... Rob Busse is a great walleye fisherman on busse. I just hope to see not many reports of the walleyes and tactics of how ya got them from there more than anything. Actually I would like to see no reports of walleyes out of busse. But that will never happen. You never know the bucketheads that roam these boards. I always told myself I would never ever post any busse reports. I fish there a lot and have only posted a couple times. Lets try to keep it that way with the eyes if you didn't mind. If not. go at it man. Your a great fisherman, but would hate to see busse get worse, Nice Musky again bud! Hope to see ya at busse sometime soon!

I have had bucket-heads come up to me and try to see what im using and watch how im retrieving the bait. It scares me when I see bucketheads throwing lures!!! :shock:

This is meant in no disrespect at all dude. I love your reports and enjoy them all. Just thought maybe you can take that into a little consideration ;) Thanks Geo!!! :D

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A lot of anglers may get upset of me reporting on there home waters. In advance I'm going to apologize.. Because I will be ALL over Illinois nailing Fish this year. And Hope to Get a Few New anglers introduced to the sport and aware of What true trophies thrive in there own Backyard. I'm not supporting Bucket head fishing And keeping undersized fish. I supporting C.P.R. Maybe I should make that more apparent in my reports.

If you guys will just POST Size Regulations on your body of water here on the thread, Those bucket heads may browse them. Get educated and Become anglers :?: They'll then start practicing selective harvest fishing Which can keep our fisheries thriving !! Post your restrictions and Enforce them while your out there!

I Do! I made a guy release 3 crappie he had in a plastic bag by the wwd this evening :x just by explaining to him the poor water quality he caught these fish in and what harm may come to his health if he consumes them.

I'm Not slowing down, I have a Bounty on thousands of fish's heads this year.

I take into consideration the pressure That's been received and probably will be received I've seen it on my Home River.

But Thanks to all the reports here on WCF

i know what Resources we have in Illinois, And many of you have benefited from the reports here aswell.

So I'll still Share my adventures :mrgreen: And hope to hear some of yours soon :mrgreen:

- Geo

:mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.