Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today with my cousins and uncle to The Sportsman Club which im a member. With a slow bite in the morning I couldn't really put a strech of fish together. I tried for the first few hours throwing every lure in my boxes and couldn't even get a nibble. So with all the luck im havin i decide to get into tune with my inner bluegill. I always can count on those little pirahnas. I continued to slay the gills for about three hours by throwing a 3/4in peice of nightcrawler on a small hook. As fast as i could throw in the bait i pull another one out. With my magical specs i notice a nice cat come under the rock im standing near, so I throw my little peice of bait near the edge of the rock and let it fall and then the line set nice and hard. He thought he was gettin away but not with 50lb braid so i pulled him out from under the rock. Weighing him in at 4 and a half pounds. Soon after i grab my cousins rod who had a larger peice of crawler on and got a 1lb LMB. Then shortly after my cousin hits his slab cat. Weighing him in as just under an ounce. All and all i had a great day out with the family and drinkin beers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nicely Done, Sounds like you had a fun day with some cold brews to go with it! :p

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
two can sam caught at least two brews and three gills. big larry hit a few but manly did double fist all day. and it was jay i got the bass on.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why yes yes they do they're very strong fish and they get a whole lot bigger than a bass. i love my bass anglin because it takes a whole lot of thinkin and planin, temp of the air water whats the day like. i'll give u a little hint on catchin a decent cat when its about to rain or a nice overcast throw a nighcrawler wacky rigged a few feet off shore. or go to old reliable the good old chicken liver. catfish aren't the smartest of fish but i'll tell ya what they are fun as hell make sure you got good pound test on if not some braid you dont want to lose em after fightin for a little bit. i've also used hotdogs those seem to work as well. hopefully i've answered ur question if not pm me and i'll try a little harder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.