Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I'm a bass fisherman from Chicago. I know the winter can be rough for bass fishing, but is there somewhere in Chicago where I might have a fighting chance? Or can anyone tell me about any patterns that might help me out?

Thanks

·
Registered
511 Posts
the warm water discharge at busse lake/salt creek. the best baits are fatheads or crawlers on a small to medium(12-4) size hook, no weight directions depends on where your coming from. if yer a lure person, use floating rapalas, thats about all i can say. also (IMPORTANT) be quiet and sneaky the water is shallow and CRYSTAL clear. :wink:

·
Banned
655 Posts
I'll be there on Thursday. Haven't fished in a whole month now.

And I 'aint gonna use any minnows nor live baits either. I'm determined - plus I'd be breaking one of my traditions for fishing this waterway (never use live-bait - never have, never will). 8) :lol:

I'll post a report, as usual...... (i hope I don't sound cocky by saying that, but it is accurate)

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
You don't sound cocky at all - I think determined is a better word.

I've caught fish at the WWD with lures. My best presentations were with mini-mites, small crankbaits, and jigs with twistertails.

The only reason I go with live bait is because I catch more fish that way. And when it's winter, catching a fish is all that matters to me. :D

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Andrew_R said:
And I 'aint gonna use any minnows nor live baits either. I'm determined
I'll post a report, as usual...... (i hope I don't sound cocky by saying that, but it is accurate)
Photos will tell the 'true' story ...with the lure in da mouth :wink:

Enjoy Andrew_R your day at the WWD.

It's small.... but it's fun ...and it's December !!!!!

Even Culprit can't cath'em :)..j/k amigo

But It's Snow Bass'in Time!!!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
or some big arse musky lures to hit those bass in the head and knock them out 8)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Andrew_R said:
I'll be there on Thursday. Haven't fished in a whole month now.

And I 'aint gonna use any minnows nor live baits either. I'm determined - plus I'd be breaking one of my traditions for fishing this waterway (never use live-bait - never have, never will). 8) :lol:

Confidence. One of the import parts of fishing. Nice Andrew!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.