Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got to deep around 2.. stayed til 8.. started on northern part of the lake with 2 of my buddies.. i caught 9 but they were all short.. biggest one was probably like 12 inches.. one of my buddies went 1 for 2.. was also about a 12 incher.. and my other buddy missed... then we hit the eastern part of the lake.. this is where the bite started getting good.. caught around 15 bass in the last 2 to 3 hours.. a bunch were dinks but had a few good ones... heres the best of the bunch.. best one measured at 20.. also had a small northern on (maybe like 18-20 inches) but shook off near the boat.. both my buddies picked up 2 each there but they were short.. we were mostly fishing 6-12 ft of water... all fish were caught on lipless cranks.. gonna be out there early tomorrow probably..

first 2 pics are of the same fish

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Nice job! I figured when you guys went back to that area you had been catching some good ones there! It seems like one side of the lake they're a little behind than the other due to water temps? Seems like water temps are about 8' different from one side to the next!

·
Registered
513 Posts
That place sure does seem to hold a healthy amount of hawgs.

I need to get my butt in gear and take a the trip to check it out already.

How much are the boat rentals?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.