Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished Deep today with Twoglasseyes for the first time. We saw Jason, Rich, Augy, Basscaster and #1Cubsfan but am not sure how they did on the water. I only caught one fish all day but it happened to be the biggest bass I have ever caught!

Wohoo!

The water was still really cold up there and the bass didn't put up too much of a fight. The only bad part of the day occurred when three of us got tickets for not having a fire extinquisher on the boat.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Holy shit Sean !!! :shock: Now thats a freakin bass dude

That lake produces some monsters.

Great job dude !!

That second pic looks like avatar material :D

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Holy Crap! Thats a pig! How many inches and what you get him on? Shouldnt the boat rental place supply fire extinguishers? I would never think to bring mine if I was renting a boat even if I was bringing an outboard.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
They rent them for a $1 but I always bring my own.

thats the 2nd time I`ve heard of them checking deep ,the 1st time i was there and they were checking licenses.
Did u get a weight or measurement ?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Unbelievable fish Sean!!! I've seen some big bass caught in Northern Illinois, both online & with my own two eyes, but that has to be the most impressive specimen I've seen. Congrats! If WCF had a fish of the year award you'd be in the lead. Seriously can't get over how big the head & mouth is on that bass. You sure you guys didn't head over to Lake Fork or El Salto? Gotta tell us the magic lure & hopefully some measurements on that fish. All of a sudden my bass quest at local haunts seems to has lost some luster unless I can somehow top that fish... not likely. Congrats again Sean. See you on the water.

Alex

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the kind comments guys. The fish was slightly over 20 inches without the tail pinched so I would say 21". The fish is in the 5 lb range. I was weighing it when the bass shook off the scale before I could get the exact weight(a five showed on the scale but the tens place didn't stop moving, I'm guessing it weighed in the low 5's). I wanted to get him back in the water so he could swim another day and didn't worry about getting an exact weight.

I caught the bass on a small spinner with a 4" green twister.

I'm still excited about it. I had dreams about it last night and when I woke up this morning I wasn't sure if it actually happened or not! LOL

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
wow,I thought it was bigger than that from the pic,I was guessing it was around 6-7lbs :? r u sure u measured it right lol ?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Culprit said:
wow,I thought it was bigger than that from the pic,I was guessing it was around 6-7lbs :? r u sure u measured it right lol ?
Rudy measured it while I was holding it in shock. I never actually saw the measure. I'll go with 40" for now! LOL

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.