Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
deep lake has been insane the last 2 days.. bass there are hitting like crazy

5/3.. got there around 11.. worked eastern weeds.. caught 5 all dinks.. around 12-15 inches in the same area with lipless crank.. just burning it.. then worked the southern part and caught nothing from around 1pm to 5pm.. then went north and the bite was absolutely insane.. i caught 22 more, plus or minus a couple in about an hour to an hour and a half.. 3 or 4 were under 14.. the rest were over.. lots of 16-17s.. a couple 18/19.. and even 2 20+.. i measured using senkos so im sure they are a little bit off.. good day to not have a camera.. anyways the bite was so hot at the end of the day that i decided to go back today...

5/4.. worked same northern part.. bite was good today but not like yesterday.. they were still hitting it when i was burning it.. just seemed not as aggressive.. had to yoyo to get some of the bites.. caught 20 but a lot were dinks.. only had 4 that were 15+.. best topped out at 18.. also caught a 31 inch pike.. i had a camera and a measuring tape with me today.. wish i had one yesterday.. also saw fish man flo there.. he said a caught a few.. but ill let him tell his story.. wasnt actually even going to post a report but flo asked if i was going to post.. i replied no and that i usually dont post.. but maybe its time i start.. heres the best of bunch from today and my messed up pike picture.. wanted to get her back in the water since she totally engulfed my lipless and i had her out of the water for a few minutes getting it out..

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Nicely Done! Wish you had a camera the first day out. But sounds like a blast. Awesome Job Well Done!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys... it was more luck than anything else because ive never had days close to that... just right time, right place, right lure i guess.. anyways i revealed location/lure so you guys can get on them this weekend at the Deep Lake "Fun Day" for those who are going.. i know ill probably be there trying the same thing with my buddies..

Hide - funny how you said that.. near the end of the 2nd day, my reel felt like it was actually grinding a little while i was reeling when there was weight on my line.. like if i got stuck on weeds or had a fish on.. went home and oiled it up.. havent used it since then so i dunno.. hopefully its all good

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey steve, all i can say is WOW, u told me you had a great outing when i saw u out there on monday , but from the pictures you killed em man! that northerN is awsome, im glad u put the post up and also wanted to thank you for the tips you gave me i actually booked a cabin for that night with my wife and kids and got out early the next day for some more action which i will post shorlty, but again it was cool meeting you and chatting for a bit, and thanks for the info, hope to run into ya again at some point :lol: nice work !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.