Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and TraderSteve hit up Deep today from 10- 430. It was a tough bite from the start, wed move around stop in a spot and get 1 bite, no more. I hooked into a small bass early on :? 1st pic, and got that one to the boat. We both had some real problems on the hooksets- lost more fish than caught.
I think I lost 5 including one big one at the boat. -I usually scream when I get one but this time I was gonna be sneaky, while Steve retied I quietly reeled this one in and I was gonna get it to jump right at the boat. I got It up to the boat and say "oh man its big!!!" It took a run under the boat and took a run away from the boat and nearly stole my rod out of my hand. I got it back next to the boat and about to land her when she came off- wouldve been 3- 4 lbs at least judging it compare to the other recently weighed fish.
We saw the bash bros out there, I recognized you by the pants Keith LOL. We stayed through the rains until I got soaked and wimped out. Most all the fish we had bite were right up in shallows, Steve had a couple bass miss his frogs and got one on a senko in pockets.
LURE OF THE DAY- Shadalicious again!
Jack had roasted a whole pig on the fire pit when we got back- wcf tourney should have a roast pig!

·
Registered
299 Posts
here are some pics.. as Jon said, we lost a bunch of fish today for a bunch of different reasons.. need to go back tomorrow for some redemption!

Jon's big one

blackest bass ever

another decent one for Jon

and heres my lame catch of the day

EDIT -

also spoke to Jack today while he was preparing a whole pig for a roast.. thing looked crazy.. he said he read that post about people referring Uncle John as Stosh.. he requested that we please do NOT do that.. call him Uncle John.. or John

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my go to bait is in my post, its encoded so you have to look closely though. Spinnerbaits seem to go through the weeds there also. Or you can use senkos or texas rigged things and let it sink to the bottom. I do tex skin rigging with plastics where you bury the hook in the "skin" of the bait but it does tear up senkos quick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.