Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with my son from 6:30am-10:00am very windy we caught 6 bass ,nothing over 14`` :( 3 on spinnerbaits and 3 on senkos along the docks on the south shore, was too windy to stay on the deep weedlines where we might of had better luck.

Afterward we stopped at BPS to feed the baitmonkey and look at some trolling motors,especially the minn kota maxxum and vector models :D

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Nice Job guys...Windy !!! :evil: makes for a tough day for sure. Glad U got a few

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I was wondering how you guys would do with all of the wind today. Definitely tough, for sure. Glad to hear that you still got some fish.

That reminds me, I need to stop at BPS myself!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yeah, it was awful out there. I couldn't really fish anywhere I really wanted to. I stayed exclusively on the western shore with some wind protection from trees. I tried first on the NE shore, but even with both anchors down the boat still moved so I gave up on that. I ended up with 2 in the 14" range and lost another one that felt bigger although I never got a look at it. I wasn't even brave enough to try the docks today. Good to hear there were some fish over there. I saw Augy and John when I was going back in and they said they didn't catch anything. It was a real tough day out there. Hopefully it's better for the tournament next Saturday!!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
me my brother and my dad got out there, fished from 5:45-11. We had a mixed bag with 3 sunfish, 2 bass, and 1 crappie. I got ahold of both bass, one on a red/clear senko and one on a black senko. The second was a good fish, 3lbs or so. Augy and John were 40 feet from us eatin lunch when I hooked into it on a black with silver flake senko :D. That's what you get for eating Augy!! lol. He absolutely hammered the thing on a twitch and almost took the rod out of my hand. I mean... I went to twitch the thing a little bit and it was like setting the hook of a jig into a freakin boulder. (I know you've all done it before... I have lol) He showed off with some acrobatics coming clear out of the water and as I went to lip him he took off. Oh well, quick catch and release without having to touch him :D Was a nice fish though. Definately slow... really windy, hard to maintain boat control... hard to fish some good areas of the lake... We went for a little cruise after that to finish off the day and we had a 22-24 ft mariah ski boat pullin some tubers almost run us down. Jagoff was runnin straight at us and as we're screamin and yellin and wavin our hands he finally cuts the wheel hard about 60 feet in front of us... another 10 feet and his tubers would have swung right into us...bastard was comin head on. Then as if nothing happened he gives us a little wave and I wave back with 1 finger... lol Nice day on the water later on in the morning after a little rain moved through... windy, but cool. I think without that wind it would have been perfect conditions for catchin some nice fish.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
pezdek1 said:
We went for a little cruise after that to finish off the day and we had a 22-24 ft mariah ski boat pullin some tubers almost run us down. Jagoff was runnin straight at us and as we're screamin and yellin and wavin our hands he finally cuts the wheel hard about 60 feet in front of us... another 10 feet and his tubers would have swung right into us...bastard was comin head on. Then as if nothing happened he gives us a little wave and I wave back with 1 finger... lol
Sounds like you got a nice welcome from the Deep Lake residents. :evil: That is why it's nice to get out there early in the day, because around 10 am the traffic can get a little crazy on the weekends.

Glad to hear that you got on some fish Pez.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
notice my avatar hasn't changed. :oops: we both got skunked. it sure was windy but no excuses. had a few missed hits but that's all. at least we got the skunk out of the way. hopefully we'll do better next week at the tournament.

·
Registered
70 Posts
but were not talking about just any 10 year old kid - he's the King's (of Deep Lake) son .

yeah, it was a bad day for sure. windy, choppy, a few drops of light rain in the morning. I didn't see a single fish all day - a first.

we gave it a valiant effort. stayed until 1, navigated as much of the lake as possible but i don't think i got a single bite.

had some interesting moments (vomitting over the side of a boat - very convenient actually, and nearly fell overboard as i tried to haul in the anchor with one good arm and two slippery feet).

all in all it was still fun, a learning experience but hopefully not an indicator of next week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.