Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning out my files at my old job and found this old picture of Deep Lake
that we put together from 2006....lol

We fish Deep lake because there is so much that is offered ...deep water , weeds
a sand bar , a nice point...sunken island in the south!!!! .....ect.....

Just thought I would share

(ya my coloring skills need work.....lol but you get the idea)

Enjoy :wink:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I may steal your chart and use it when on the ice... if the ice even holds up :? . Thanks for the map. the color coding makes it easier to follow the depths, Looks like some good structure in more than a few areas :D

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Given the cold temps that we've had over the last 6 weeks, how long do you think it'll take before conditions are too dangerous at Deep. I realize that there are many variables to consider, but is there a rule of thumb? I would like to go to Deep this weekend to try it, but I'm a bit apprehensive about the ice conditions.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Fishthoughts said:
Given the cold temps that we've had over the last 6 weeks, how long do you think it'll take before conditions are too dangerous at Deep. I realize that there are many variables to consider, but is there a rule of thumb? I would like to go to Deep this weekend to try it, but I'm a bit apprehensive about the ice conditions.
I might want to go this weekend as well for a little pre-fishing to know what type of lake I am dealing with. I think the shoreline will be beat up a bit, but the rest of it will be good to go. The shoreline can be missing from 1 foot out to 3 or 4 feet and there can still be 12+ inches of ice out on the lake. I think it will be good this weekend. When we got all the snow that melted, It was water on the ice. Then over-night it froze and as long as the nights are below 32* we should be good to go...

Dave

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yup ....that was it Aris....Augy's version on the color printer(I sent him my crayon vesion)....lol

(I like my crayon version ) :wink:

I tried to show the slopes going out to deep water in my brush strokes....lol
...like I see on the fish finder :lol:

but they are 'both' good....it's a dam great place to fish....for a reason !!!!!

lots of contour....and I rember each spot I have have caught...a big bass....lol

Deep Lake .....geocaching each bass???? :mrgreen:

Not yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I remember my first trip to Deep several years ago with Augy, Mike, Aris sitting at Denny's studying that map for the first time. That is a great place to fish!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow.

One of the finest fishing tools I've ever seen.

The only thing wrong with the map is that BassCaster and Culprit didn't put their names on the map. So I did.

I wish I could upload the document to this site but I don't have the tech tools for that currently. Just know that you take the beautiful map made by BassCaster and Culprit, right mouse click it, copy image, and paste into a Word document, then print.

Next time I see Jack at Deep Lake I'll give him a hard copy.

Beautiful map guys. I didn't realize there were 2 sunken islands to fish.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.