Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I've Just got through reading every report... Over the past few days.

How much is it to rent a boat ..??

How many fit on a boat comfortably ??

when Do they Allow Rentals

Being a CLear Lake Exactly How Clear are we talking (Early fall LM, Axe head ..??) how mnay feet.

What would You (local guys) Consider the Most Forage ?

A GLacier Lake..

what Should i expect on The bottom, I'm assuming there are a few good weed beds.

I Read a report with Jason and Augy "night" fishing holding bass, I know it wasn't as dark as the pictures show, But how late do they allow you to stay out ??

And Also, I'd Like to thank you all ahead of time for your valuable Information.

Throw all you have at me, I'm taking notes :D

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
I think its $12 to rent a boat and $40 with a gas motor and that is for all day.

2 ppl tops for a comfotable experiance they r 12ft lunds

march or april depending on the weather and when jack gets his pier up

early spring like looking in a fishtank maybe 10ft down maybe more

pugnose shiner, blackchin shiner, Iowa darter ,blacknose shiner ( 3 threatend and 2 endangered in Illinois 1 of 2 lakes in Illinois that holds them) sunfish,perch

yes it is a glacial lake about 200 acres

dirt sand muck

gets very weedy alot of big weedbeds milfoil ,cobamba,cabbage, lilypad beds

pretty much u can stay out as long as u like

hope this helps :)

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
http://www.windycityfishing.com/deeplake1200.pdf

The Bible..

Many Many ways to fish Deep.

Crank the drop off
Frogs in the weeds in summer
Jig the boat docks.
Senko's rule.
Drop Shot the deep hole.

Then when the going gets tough hit up the "Ranger"

Just a great place to fish

Boat 15.00 per day

$40.00 for the motor but if your going to fish this place alot just buy one on Ebay for 150.00 and it's paid for in a year.

Nice bar for after fishing tales of glory. the place is a gem

This year will be a blast hope to see you there.

(no going home at 1:00pm this year.....1:00pm is now 1/2 time....LOL)

Soon Augy...... Soon :wink:

·
Registered
383 Posts
WOOT WOOT DEEP LAKE!!!! :D

Had the best luck fishing senkos near docks and weed bed edges, a couple at the point.

Chug-bugs or Aris's custom pop-R's in the early morning, lol

Texas-rigged sweet beavers on top of the slop (on one outing...)

Had an enormous strike on a frog once in the pads, but set the hook way too early. I'm gona pull a frog fish out this summer, I hope...

I've only fished in during the summer... can't wait to get out in a few months for spring fishin'!
:lol:

Mike (basscaster), you've tried drop-shotting at deep lake?? How'd that go? I've always wanted to learn..

And Perchguy, I suggest NOT renting a motor at Deep Lake. One outing I had to change motors three times, and even the 3rd one sucked. Well, maybe they fixed em' up a bit over the winter...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
What Jacks motors would never leave you in the middle of the lake to row all the way back....LOL My advise if you cant catch a bass at DEEP find another sport. Theres a 10# coming out of there this year

·
Registered
44 Posts
sounds like you guys have alot of experience fishing this lake....can you bring your own boat, or do you have to rent theirs... I have a Honda 4 stroke 7.5hp.....thats portable.....any pike??? this sounds like a great lake... What town is it close to..... maybe someone would be willing to show me (and my motor :) ) the ropes on this lake!! if I'm not being to forward......

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
There is no public launch so it's there boats only. But they're very affordable and you get the boat all day.

There are indeed some northern pike, and even the occasional walleye (but not a walleye fisherie). It is located in Lake Villa just off Rt 132 about 10 minutes west of Gurnee Mills.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
I`m sure plenty of guys will be willing to help u out RnR

u`ll have to rent a boat its $15 for all day, the price can`t be beat
and u can bring ur motor

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.