Man am I sunburned...good day though

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2 on senkos
1 On a white husky jerk
The big one was caught on a green and white skirted
spinnerbait fished very slow just fast enough to get the blades moving.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
dude i was sooooo tired from the constant onslaught of sun! just beat up! i had no strength to post yesterday. pics will be uploaded on monday.

we ended up with 5 in the boat. nothing huge. 2 dinks and 3 decent all on senkos. we threw plastics all day. never switched. topwater was a disappointment for sure. threw buzzbaits and spro frogs to no avail.

although john earned his first official skunk, he is still hooked on fishing and the addictive draw of deep lake. he's more determined to catch the next one.

the weather was picture perfect in the morning. the entire lake was like glass when we launched. nice and cool. the water is clearing up in many parts of the lake and the weeds are coming together nicely.

we saw some big fish in the expected places. the "ranger" held a bigun but we could not keep the boat in position when the winds picked up in the afternoon. threw a bunch of stuff at them but again, boat positioning was hard to fish the docks with the wind. anchoring is a pain.

it was another great time at deep. gotta love this place! :mrgreen:

i saw the biggest turtle of my life yesterday. this thing was just HUGE! :shock: from head to tail could of been 3 feet long. no joke.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Was a good day at the lake again! Clancy was hitting them all morning by throwing a senko under the docks. I didnt catch a sinble LMB till about 1:30! Thank goodness I didnt give up! I had one that got smart and wrapped my line around one of the dock poles and cut the line in half.
But we did notice quite a few Bib Un's cruising around in pairs that just wouldnt bite any thing.

Carp are in full orgy mode, they are really tearing up the south side of the lake now!

·
Registered
953 Posts
It was a tough day to locate the hungry fish and to keep the boat from drifting. So much for light winds!! The only areas where we had any luck at all was around the docks on the south side of the lake. We saw fish all over the lake, but the only ones biting were around the docks. Every fish of the 7 we pulled into the boat were on dark senkos. All fish were 13" or longer with the biggest fish being an 18.5" hawg. Another notch in my fishing belt for being my biggest bass ever. Hopefully Danno still has the pictures of that one. It might become my new avatar. We saw some much bigger fish though. Lots of them just suspended shallow under the docks or swimming between the docks many of which were easily over 20" long!!! :shock: :shock: I love this lake and it is quickly becoming a must fish on a weekly basis. Got a good case of the sunburn too, but it's worth it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.