Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunny skies; light winds; fished from 5:15pm-9:20pm.

Cousin Rich and I decided to try an evening outing at Deep Lake. I've enjoyed evening fishing at Deep Lake in the past, but 4th of July weekend proved to be tough.

At launch, the recreational boaters were all over the place and made doing ANYTHING a challenge. But Rich quickly picked up to small bass on red Senkos just north of launch.

We finally worked the point and Rich got on a decent bass, about 14". I had a nice one up to the boat, but she spit it before I could land her.

After 8pm most of the boaters were off the lake and the wind was calm. We worked the south shoreline weeds and thought we would get on some great fishing. The only thing we got on were mosquitoes.

Props to Rich for getting the skunk off quick and getting some fish. And my first skunk at Deep Lake in a long time. Argh!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I think the fish were beat down after a long day of recreational boaters. I still think the best time to get on the fish is either during the week or first thing in the morning on a Saturday before the fish get beat down.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Thanks for the report. I feel like the mosquitos will be really bad this year. I was out golfing yesterday evening and got numerous bites through my shirt! I can't believe those suckers will do anything. I have to think there are long term effects no humans for frequent use of deet. Oh well...the things we do for the love of our hobbies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.