Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started a new thread to clean up the other one. I went through the prior thread and counted heads.

LAST UPDATE: 6.28.2007 4:45pm

Confirmed so far:
Boat 1: Toothdoc and Culprit
aka: SS Chatroom Bunk Buddies
True ID: Tim and Aris

Boat 2: Baefish and Augy
aka: SS Samurai Showdown
True ID: John and Augy

Boat 3: Island and TGE
aka: Canada or bust
True ID: Sean and Rudy

Boat 4: #1cubsfan and Clancywiggum
aka: Before and After
True ID: Tony and Matt

Boat 5: JasonN and Fishinmatt
aka: The King and I
True ID: Jason and Matt

Boat 6: Steve and Big Al
aka: Last of the Mohicans
True ID: Steve and Al

Showed interest last week:
rapalaking and ?

Awaiting clearance from tower:
stevol82 and ?

Shot down in a blaze of glory:
pezdek
molson

remember you'll have to make arrangements with guys with and without motors/trolleys. try to hook up accordingly fellas. guys with motors should post that they have one.

remember, we are bringing in the fish for the official weighins. minimum is 14 inches. everyone should carry a tape measure on their respective boats. remember that you need a vest style pfd per each person. the cushion seat style does not qualify. fire extinguishers on all boats with gas motors and battery covers for trolleys. last thing we need is for someone to get busted. the chances are slim that dnr will be out there but better to be safe than sorry.

anyway, i'm really looking forward to this tournament and hope that many of you guys can make it. it should be a blast!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have a trolling motor only, but it is 55 pounds of thrust so it should be sufficient enough if there aren't enough gas motors. I don't have a partner yet, but I will hook up with whomever wants to catch the big ones!! :wink:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I am pretty sure that Islandfisher and Twoglasseyes are in. Sean told me that they would be fishing in the tourney. They are in Canada this week, but I think that they get back on Thursday or Friday. So I would count them in for now.

·
Registered
382 Posts
If this wasn't a tournament, I'd be game. But I think I would just hold somebody back. Do you guys ever have just a large outing? Or even just a few people? I'd definately go for just a good time, but not for tournaments. Sorry to thread-jack.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
steve, you don't have to participate in the tournament if you don't want to. you can still come out and fish with us. there's no pressure to enter the tourney.

besides, you won't be holding anybody back because it's based on individual results. it's not a team event.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Got it. Thanks for that, I just read through the tournament section. I think I'll go. Would anyone mind being partnered up with a beginner? All I would do is make you look that much better. :D I obviously don't have a boat/motor, but I'd be willing to split the rental costs or bring some beverages, etc. if someone offers up their boat.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Steve, you might be surprised to hear this from the site admin, but i'm not a big tourney guy myself - I prefer the big get togethers. For me, adding the competition part takes away a little from the relaxing enjoyment I get from a fishing outing. That being said... the guys here at WCF are some of the best people i've had the pleasure to meet and fish with. I started this site 9 years ago basically as a novice fisherman and geared it for other novice fishermen. Even if someone shows up with gloves, a bobber and a Zebco 202 you'll still have fun. THAT is why this site is different from the others.

Deep Lake is a true gem. Come on out and enjoy some good fishing and camaraderie with us.

·
Registered
401 Posts
after thinkin it over... i get off work friday at midnight. i get home around 1am. id have to leave 2 hours later so thered be no point to sleep, id go home, drink a beer or two to relax, load up the car and head out. Then on top of that after the tourney I'd have my little sister's highschool graduation starting an hour after i get back to my house so id shower and go straight there to partying all day on absolutely no sleep... i think ima pass fellas lol. I REALLY need to get up to deep though. every time i wanna go somethin comes up lol... augy well have to set up a day to go one day, i know my dad wants to take a trip up there with me as well.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.