Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend was a Deep Lake marathon for me, and my fishing partners on both days came away with some of their personal bests. On Saturday, I fished with Augy in the 70-person tournament at Deep. This was my first time at this event. We were there early and the second boat in the water. We waited over 45 minutes before the official start time. As we took some practice casts, Augy lands a nice 16 in bass in the dark - too bad it didn't count. Once the even started we worked the north end first. I caught two 14 in bass and Augy lands a huge 4lber in the shallows - awesome fish. Later on, Augy hooks into a nice pike and keep it b/c it is a potential contender for the "other" category in this tourney. We felt pretty good going into weigh-in, but Augy got beat out on both the bass and pike. Here are some photos from the event:

Morning preparation at the dock:

Augy with early morning bass on his first few casts:

Check out our aerated cooler - bass and pike were in great condition:

Augy with runner-up pike in "other" category:

Augy's 4lb bass that took second:

My two small bass:

Culprit and his stringer:

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Thanks for partnering up with me Hide (Fishthoughts). We gotta hit up Deep another time when conditions are better. Maybe we can partner up at the next deep tourney.

I swear that bass looked so much bigger in person!!!!!! :mrgreen:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.