Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Deep Lake 2009 #3.jpg

Deeo lake 2009 #2.jpg

Deep lake 2009.jpg

Sorry if the pics are not that clear.. These pics do not give that fish any justice!!

Saturday Morning I decided to go out to Deep lake for some morning fishing. I started fishing the docks using a Yum Tube and also a black and yellow frog by Snag Proff. After fishing the docks for awhile with out any takers, I decided to go to one of the sunken islands to fish the weed lines. I started using a black and blue chigger craw with a 1/4 oz weight. I was flipping the craw by the weed lines. I would flipp it, let it sink, wait 5-7 seconds and pop it 3-4 times and let it sink again.
After flipping out 3 or 4 times I felt two taps so I set the hook. At first I was realling in a bunch of weeds until this beast decided to shake his head and remove all those weeds from his face. I was able to see his profile and man what a cow!!! :shock: My heart started racing and I could bearly breath, I noticed that he was bearly hooked, but after a minute or two I was able to bring him in. This was my second 5lb as a fisherman.. Man was I so excited!!! :mrgreen:
After that big fish, I cought a 2 1/2 pounder and some dinkers. The funny part of my story is in the afternoon I was fishing the north west side of the lake, using the same set up chigger craw with a 1/4 oz weight. I was flipping the chigger but no takers, just when I was realling it in to call it, a bass out of no where smached the bait. It wasen't that big but it was a fish, I decided to stay a little longer. I was flipping again but no takers, so I decided to smim the chigger. I kid you not, I cought about 5 to 7 bass in this manner. :eek: go figure!!!! lol :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Thats some good fishin Alex, seems like alot of wcf guys were out there saturday :shock:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.